No College Football

billaaa777

One more season with no college football, it just sucks! At least we get a few NBA and NFL games. Oh, how I hate soccer and it is on 24/7 and they even cry when there favorite team from obscure league is not shown live.

Appalachian State upset Michigan today, what a game that must have been. But what did we have to watch, stinking soccer. They should just put the camera in the middle of the field and watch the grass grow; it would be far more exciting.

Miami beat Marshall, not a big win but a win. Let’s hope my home town team is back to the best team in the nation where they belong. Next week their at Oklahoma, wow, what a game that will be. And what will we have to watch, freaking soccer.

About the only thing I miss is the sports on TV and the variety of food here. I would love to get a Greek Giro from a Greek Dinner. Or a real chili dog, a good pizza, a Philly cheese steak would also be great.

Oh well that’s all for now, no college football, but we have stinking soccer every-day, all-day, never-ending, perpetual, it just so SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

One more season with no college football, it just sucks! At least we get a few NBA and NFL games. Oh, how I hate soccer and it is on 24/7 and they even cry when there favorite team from obscure league is not shown live.

Appalachian State upset Michigan today, what a game that must have been. But what did we have to watch, stinking soccer. They should just put the camera in the middle of the field and watch the grass grow; it would be far more exciting.

Miami beat Marshall, not a big win but a win. Let’s hope my home town team is back to the best team in the nation where they belong. Next week their at Oklahoma, wow, what a game that will be. And what will we have to watch, freaking soccer.

About the only thing I miss is the sports on TV and the variety of food here. I would love to get a Greek Giro from a Greek Dinner. Or a real chili dog, a good pizza, a Philly cheese steak would also be great.

Oh well that’s all for now, no college football, but we have stinking soccer every-day, all-day, never-ending, perpetual, it just so SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Well...you could always switch to those two bastions of American sport; namely Cage Fighting or WWF.

Alternatively, there are also the other two national US sports; netball and rounders. I simply love watching those black chaps jumping up and putting the ball in a net 100 times a game...scintillating stuff.

Oh...I almost forgot the other thing where 1,000,000 people sit for hours on end watching cars turn left all afternoon.

Ohhh...how could I also omit my favourite...the one where they pack a stadium full of Rednecks and pull large inanimate objects with tractors.

You are so lucky to have so many choices.

Have you any friends in the US? Get a slingbox and take control of their tv and watch whatever they can watch on your computer. Heard it advertised here for $129 usd must be cheaper at panthip if availible in LOS

Even better, learn to appreciate football (soccer to you). If football is watched and played all around the world then there must be something in it to entertain us. If you can't get into football then the slingbox is what you need to do.

Oh, how I hate soccer and it is on 24/7 and they even cry when there favorite team from obscure league is not shown live.

I guess that is directed at the thread I started about UBC not showing Spanish League games? :o

Seriously, most people on this forum watch Premiership, then the other European Leagues. Not a lot of people watch Football, let alone College Football outside the US.

Greek food you can get in one of the Greek restaurants in Bangkok. I believe 'Athina' is one. A good pizza ...I believe in Sukhumvit Soi 21? There's 2 or 3 Italian restaurants there, 'Bella Napoli' is my favorite. True Italian thin crust Pizza!

Edited by rainman

Guess what, to the rest of the world College American Football is an extremely obscure league (most people would probably ponder why anyone would want to watch a student league?). Please name the "obscure league" that people are crying about and we'll compare it in popularity to college football.

I'm sure if you shell out enough $$ you can get some games here on some obscure channel.

The fact that you would expect College Football to be shown on standard sports channels in Thailand is shocking.

The fact that you would expect College Football to be shown on standard sports channels in Thailand is shocking.

Hey, at least he didn't ask for Lacrosse broadcasts :o

Seriously, if you miss Football, Giro's, Chili Dog and Cheese Steak so much you shouldn't have moved to Thailand.

I enjoy college football too, but the fact that you think anyone outside the US could possibly be interested in watching this is a little baffling. First, as far as the rest of the world is concerned, it is American Football that is the boring game. A play lasts for 5 seconds and then everyone stops and talks for a minute. It lasts over 3 hours and there are constant commercials. Second, they are college kids. Anyone correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe there is any country on Earth that pays more than trivial attention to college sports, outside the US, where even high school teams in some areas attract tens of thousands of fans. If you stop and think about it, the whole school sports obsession is a little disconcerting.

I enjoy college football too, but the fact that you think anyone outside the US could possibly be interested in watching this is a little baffling. First, as far as the rest of the world is concerned, it is American Football that is the boring game. A play lasts for 5 seconds and then everyone stops and talks for a minute. It lasts over 3 hours and there are constant commercials. Second, they are college kids. Anyone correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe there is any country on Earth that pays more than trivial attention to college sports, outside the US, where even high school teams in some areas attract tens of thousands of fans. If you stop and think about it, the whole school sports obsession is a little disconcerting.

I enjoy college sports, but I agree with you, that there's absolutely no reason anyone else need care about it. I gave up on pro sports when players started changing teams every few years and "talking about sports" became a discussion of players salaries.

The only thing I know about American Football is that you need to try and get a hold of the, for some reason, oddly shaped ball, run as fast as you can towards the other side of the field without getting beaten up by guys 3 times the size of you.

Actually, I wouldn't mind college football either, since I am from USC :o Missing the last 4-5 seasons kinda sucked...

ain't going to happen though in Thailand. But since I'm primarily interested in EPL these days I'm not too bothered :D

Greek food you can get in one of the Greek restaurants in Bangkok. I believe 'Athina' is one. A good pizza ...I believe in Sukhumvit Soi 21? There's 2 or 3 Italian restaurants there, 'Bella Napoli' is my favorite. True Italian thin crust Pizza!

Athena is no more (I live next door). But I didn't think much of their food anyhow, went once and that was it, I wouldn't mind Greek food as well but Athena didn't cut it for me. Olive is another option, there's a branch in the Emporium food hall, and there might still be one at All Seasons Place. Better and cheaper than Athena was, but only just so.

Want gyros? Next best thing are the shawarmas/kebabs to be found all over the place in the Nana area. The one across from Foodland Soi 5 is one of the better ones.

Chilli dogs? Not here... some decent pizza places like Pizzanotti, Fallabella's not bad either. As for Philly cheese steak, I really miss that too, as well as Italian sausage...

ugh by land hockey i think you mean field hockey, which is just gross.

street hockey is very fun though! its amazing!, i doubt most people (here) arent strong enough to play it though and its not possible to buy sticks here as far as i've seen.

So guess you hate laCrosse as well then. BYU play both this and their football conference on cable here in some places I have seen in hotels over Thailand.