Water

Anyone else low on water? We have a well, and this is the first time it's ever got low enough for the pump to play up. I know we've had an extremely dry rainy season, but I haven't heard anyone else complaining. We have more properties near us than this time last year, maybe that's it? Funnily enough we were fine during the hot Summer months.

no idea, would have to have a look, we bought the property from someone else. My husband is the one who has looked in it and says it's really low.

Maybe just us then????

Wells have to be serviced yearly.Depending on the age of the well, you might get a build up of sand hindering your pump operating in an efficient manner.Most older wells . or for that matter most wells on Samui do not have a sealed pipe,hence build up of sand.

Your pump will start pumping less & less,with more cloudy water.Get one of the well people.Samui Deep Well or one of the similar companies to give you their opinion.

We have a storage tank supplied by government water, no well. Noticed that the water supply is turned off very frequently now (at least 2-3 times/week), never so often last year until now. Is there perhaps a water shortage? :o

Don't know about government water. But power seems to be going the same way.

The level of the water seems to be around 10 meters down? That's just a guess though...

I think the well does need cleaning. Anyone know roughly how much it costs? We're going to try getting a storage tank and putting it around 3 metres up, saving electricity pumping the water this way too. Of course when we will get around to doing this all, nobody knows :o

I think, in the future(will you stay there longer??), a 10 m well will not be enough, also the quality of this "water" will worsen.

If you want no problems, you need to go through the rocks, depending on your location deeper than 40 /50 meters.

Then you have real good water.

I guess, alltogether 120- 150 KBaht.