Small Overlaoded Boats Running Tourists Without Life Jackets (again)

h5n1

On the beach a few days ago I noticed a frighteningly common sight - no lifejackets and overlaoded boats. As petrol has become more expensive, the local boat mafia are running single engine boats overlaoded to the brim. In the 6 hours I was on the beach I saw no one exit a boat with a lifejacket. It was only a few weeks ago that a boat went down in/near Phuket killing a number of foreigners, but as we all know, this is quite commonplace for Thailand. I mean who cares really, Thailand obviously does not, the tourism industry only wants happy stories of sunsets and mai-tai's. Do yourself a favor - do not get on any boat without a lifejacket in Thailand.

On the beach a few days ago I noticed a frighteningly common sight - no lifejackets and overlaoded boats. As petrol has become more expensive, the local boat mafia are running single engine boats overlaoded to the brim. In the 6 hours I was on the beach I saw no one exit a boat with a lifejacket. It was only a few weeks ago that a boat went down in/near Phuket killing a number of foreigners, but as we all know, this is quite commonplace for Thailand. I mean who cares really, Thailand obviously does not, the tourism industry only wants happy stories of sunsets and mai-tai's. Do yourself a favor - do not get on any boat without a lifejacket in Thailand.

the thais will never learn ,why spend money on life jackets and safety ,there only tourist and im thai ,the law will be on my side ..

The problem doesn't only end with Thais I'm sorry to say. It's common enough to see farangs driving motorbikes with their Thai wives and baby. The parents' heads are "safely" covered but little Billy, who will undoubtedly leave his mother's arms on impact, is without protection. And what amount can this tyke helmet cost the parents anyway??!!

How dare you say you love your child that you carried in your womb for 9 months and but let them be so unprotected??? Th e child, if he/she doesn't die of head trauma, will probably be mentally challenged from an unprotected blow to the head. Seems to me, the parents already suffered such a blow...