Lay Over In Abu Dhabi

tayto

My son is coming to Thailand for a holiday next month and due to an oversight is

stuck with a 12 hour layover in Abu Dhabi airport.

I have read from their website that there is a VIP lounge at or near the airport at a reasonable price

but I am unable to book it on line.

Could anybody confirm that there is indeed a lounge and suggest a way to book it.

Thanks

There is a hotel in the airport that i guess you should be able to use but i don't have any details for it. I think it's name is something original like "Abu Dhabi Airport Hotel". I just had a 22 hor stopover in Abu Dhabi and went to town to stay in a hotel for 6000 baht. I cannot imagine the hotel being cheaper than town. For 12 hours you will definitely need to find something, the departure lounge is small with nothing to do and is incredibly boring after the first 25 minutes.

My son is coming to Thailand for a holiday next month and due to an oversight is

stuck with a 12 hour layover in Abu Dhabi airport.

I have read from their website that there is a VIP lounge at or near the airport at a reasonable price

but I am unable to book it on line.

Could anybody confirm that there is indeed a lounge and suggest a way to book it.

Thanks

The Airport Hotel at Abu Dhabi Airport, is a walk in hotel and cannot be booked online.

If I remember correctly the price is about 120 US $, but for that you get a nice room

in the transit area without having to pass through immigration.

cheers

onzestan

There is something called the Marhaba Lounge which, I believe, is available to any passenger on payment of about GBP10 (haven't got the conversion to Dhiram to hand). Hoping to use it myself in a couple of weeks when I have an 8-hour layover on the way back to BKK.

The airport hotel is accessible from airside so you don't have to pass through immigration to use it. Only problem is the cost - I was quoted GBP140 for a double room for 4 hours!!

DM

There is something called the Marhaba Lounge which, I believe, is available to any passenger on payment of about GBP10 (haven't got the conversion to Dhiram to hand). Hoping to use it myself in a couple of weeks when I have an 8-hour layover on the way back to BKK.

The airport hotel is accessible from airside so you don't have to pass through immigration to use it. Only problem is the cost - I was quoted GBP140 for a double room for 4 hours!!

DM

The Marhaba lounge (inside gate 15) is also airside.

cheers

onzestan

Who are you flying with?

Etihad used to arrange hotels for long stop overs.

Ethihad, but unfortunitly we have booked through ebookers and they will do nothing for us.

I have stayed in the airport hotel overnight and it is very pleasant. It was not very full and I would not expect to much difficulty in getting a room, it is actually on site can only be about 200yards max from center of terminal.

See ..........http://www.ameinfo.com/abu_dhabi_airport/

TBWG :o

Who are you flying with?

Etihad used to arrange hotels for long stop overs.

Ethihad, but unfortunitly we have booked through ebookers and they will do nothing for us.

weird. as far as I remember i have booked through opodo and expedia before and was put in hotel. I will check when I am home to see what flights i booked through their own website and which through consolidator

If passing thru immigration is not a hassle the Gulf Hotel is about 15 mins from the airport, quite pleasant and sure to be cheaper than the airport hotel. There won't be any alcohol available in Abu Dhabi before 11 October due to Ramadan except for maybe the hotel room minibar and room service.