Pattaya City Announces New Regulations For Jomtien Beach Deckchair Operators

Jai Dee

Pattaya City announces new regulations for Jomtien Beach Deckchair Operators

Khun Tawich, the Chairman of Pattaya City Council led a Monday Morning Meeting in Conference Room 401 at Pattaya City Hall to discuss regulations pertaining to Deckchair operators on Jomtien Beach.

47 operators attended the meeting and were told that each separate area cannot contain more that 40 Deckchairs and 35 Umbrellas and they cannot charge more than 30 Baht per customer. They are permitted to offer Deckchair services only between 7am and 6.30pm.

Delegates were also told to ensure that their allotted sections of beach must be kept clean at all times.

Pattaya City Security Officers will monitor the operators closely and anyone in breach of the regulations will be subject to fines and temporary closure orders.

Source: Pattaya City News - 24 September 2007

I wish the city could find a way to cleanse the sand on Dontan beach so people won't be exposed to infections on their feet. I know Pattayans who routinely wear SOCKS on the beach because of problems they have had with foot infections, fungus, etc. This is a real problem. It is bad enough that the water is so polluted but the beach sand is also.

I wish the city could find a way to cleanse the sand on Dontan beach so people won't be exposed to infections on their feet. I know Pattayans who routinely wear SOCKS on the beach because of problems they have had with foot infections, fungus, etc. This is a real problem. It is bad enough that the water is so polluted but the beach sand is also.

most beaches in the world are loaded with mites and bacteria that can harm you.

Just one of the things that holiday resorts tend not to advertise.

• 2 weeks later...