Tired Of Looking For Genuine Good Foodstuff

seppl04

Would you be a possible buyer ?  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some friends and me are starting beg 2008 with a nationwide

MAIL ORDER FOOD COMPANY

products offered are:

- international dishes (frozen) like: pies, stews, soups etc

- vacuum packed meat products like all kind of saussages from German, Italian, English Butchers

- imported products hard to get if you live outside the main tourist areas like: just the right ingredient you need and know from back home (pickles, mustards, spices, instant sauces, you name it we try to have it :o )

- bread products especially from Germany, France

all orders can be made on internet

additionally we will supply to interested parties printed catalogues (however website will always be up to date)

orders will be delivered to any location in Thailand packed with dry ice in styrofoam boxes and delivered to any location in Thailand by EMS

kindly poll properly in order that we can suit your needs

Any suggestions to include certain products welcome

If you want to be included in mailing list PM me

If you have products we should include PM me

Thanks all ! :D:D

Hmmm quite amazing - it is all here -

real good Pizza ??? of course you can have it, just go to Le Opera in Soi 39 Sukhumvit and you get a real Pizza, no Pizza Hut crap - its one of the best Italaian Restaurants in BKK in my opinion their funghi risotto is ecellent

Real German Sausages - well there are hundreds of different sausages available in Germany by different regions- we at the Eurogourmet offer some through Villa 33 on Sukhumvit near Soi 33 - at the moment we offer Grobe Deutsche Bratwurst - a traditonal German sausage - Thueringer Bratwurst (at the moment no Thueringer Rostbratwurst) and even real Italian Hot Sausage and a number of traditional British sausages incl. Cumberland and all at below THB 100.00 for 240G - we use original imported spices, pork only from macro

we at the Eurogourmet offer some through Villa 33 on Sukhumvit near Soi 33 - at the moment we offer Grobe Deutsche Bratwurst - a traditonal German sausage - Thueringer Bratwurst

for some of us it's not all "here" but 150km away i'd call "there" :o

Grobe Deutsche Bratwurst = YUM!

real good Pizza ??? of course you can have it, just go to Le Opera in Soi 39 Sukhumvit and you get a real Pizza, no Pizza Hut crap - its one of the best Italaian Restaurants in BKK in my opinion their funghi risotto is ecellent

Real German Sausages - well there are hundreds of different sausages available in Germany by different regions- we at the Eurogourmet offer some through Villa 33 on Sukhumvit near Soi 33 - at the moment we offer Grobe Deutsche Bratwurst - a traditonal German sausage - Thueringer Bratwurst (at the moment no Thueringer Rostbratwurst) and even real Italian Hot Sausage and a number of traditional British sausages incl. Cumberland and all at below THB 100.00 for 240G - we use original imported spices, pork only from macro

Are your products available in Phuket, or you even need an agent here?

Are you using freshhly saughtered pork meat for making the sausages(phosphate)?

Gerd

Hi Gerd,

we have a distributor in Phuket, and in Pattaya but only to 5 star Hotels, which is also our main business in BKK. However, if someone wants to take a few Kilos, I can always add them to a shipment.

We buy our meat only from one particular macro where it is always very fresh (not all Macros are the same) and since we buy hundreds of KG's a week we get first choice meats only- we use lean pork shoulder and pure fat to make sure the meat/fat ratio is perfect. Sausages are heatet to 80C core Temp. for 10 minutes than cooled down very quick in ice and straight away vacum packed.

When I say fresh herbs and imported spices I mean it, we even use whole Nutmeg and mill them fresh every day - only this will give you the right flavour - this week we had to make a large batch of Fromage de tete (Schweinskopfsuelze) for a customer and as usual I made some more for sale in Villa which went on the shelf today. Its as original as you would buy it in France- with fresh parsley on top and the Gellee comes from adding pork trotters to the cooking pot.

If someone in Phuket or pattaya wants anything, you can contact me. You may have to wait until I have to make it for a wholesale customer but things like Cumberland - German Bratwurst - English Breakfast sausages - Pork Pies - Scotch Eggs - Goulash - various Terrines ... we make every week - Products for Phuket are shipped air-freighted

with culinary greetings

John

Edited by JohnBKKK

Hi Folks, keep on going with the comments

- alaina: bagels can do, pizza is difficult, as the tastes vary too much. Some like typical Italian style, some the American (Pizza Hut etc). But if you let us know in due time, we'll try to get it lol

- Gerd: real sausages not FROM Germany, but done by German Butchers and extensively tested (Leberkaese, Weisswurst, Bratwurst, Thuehringer etc)

- naam: what is OP ? :D

- JohnBkk: sure you get many things in Bkk, but see my comment below

BTW sent you a PM

FOR ALL:

I know you get many things in Bkk, Pattaya, Samui and Phuket. No doubt and each and everyone has his own "best" local supplier.

The idea is, as Dr Naam correctly pointed out, to deliver to all folks sitting upcountry and who have no means, interest, time to shop around in a 200 km radius for those things (like drive to KK to get sausages, then to Buriram to get the right bread and then onwards to Surin for their prefered Pickles or Mustard) !

:o:D :D

however one thing is unsure yet, whether we will be able (legally) to deliver beer ! :D

and keep the posts rolling PLANNED START IS LATEST END JAN 2008

Hi Gerd,

we have a distributor in Phuket, and in Pattaya but only to 5 star Hotels, which is also our main business in BKK. However, if someone wants to take a few Kilos, I can always add them to a shipment.

We buy our meat only from one particular macro where it is always very fresh (not all Macros are the same) and since we buy hundreds of KG's a week we get first choice meats only- we use lean pork shoulder and pure fat to make sure the meat/fat ratio is perfect. Sausages are heatet to 80C core Temp. for 10 minutes than cooled down very quick in ice and straight away vacum packed.

When I say fresh herbs and imported spices I mean it, we even use whole Nutmeg and mill them fresh every day - only this will give you the right flavour - this week we had to make a large batch of Fromage de tete (Schweinskopfsuelze) for a customer and as usual I made some more for sale in Villa which went on the shelf today. Its as original as you would buy it in France- with fresh parsley on top and the Gellee comes from adding pork trotters to the cooking pot.

If someone in Phuket or pattaya wants anything, you can contact me. You may have to wait until I have to make it for a wholesale customer but things like Cumberland - German Bratwurst - English Breakfast sausages - Pork Pies - Scotch Eggs - Goulash - various Terrines ... we make every week - Products for Phuket are shipped air-freighted

with culinary greetings

John

Hi John,

thanks for your answers, your writing makes me hungry :o

Congratulations for your way of production(HACCP/GMP ?) it sounds realy good to me.

Hope to have some of your products very soon(where in Phuket???)

Gerd

- alaina: bagels can do, pizza is difficult, as the tastes vary too much. Some like typical Italian style, some the American (Pizza Hut etc). But if you let us know in due time, we'll try to get it lol

Please read Alaina's reply above.

Pizza Hut is fast food for children or people in a hurry. NO American thinks that it is "good" pizza, but we have lots of great pizza and the best pizza in the world is found in New York City and Melbourne, Australia. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Please read Alaina's reply above.

Pizza Hut is fast food for children or people in a hurry. NO American thinks that it is "good" pizza, but we have lots of great pizza and the best pizza in the world is found in New York City and Melbourne, Australia. :o

Hmmm I must disagree there - the best Pizza in the world is found anywhere where there is a Chef who cares about his product, has a real wood-fired oven and knows what he/she is doing - also, NOT TOO many (overdoing it can ruin a pizza) BUT QUALITY, FRESH topings with the right cheese - buffalo mozarella and some parmegano AND NOT CHESTER CHEESE PLEASE -

John

Edited by JohnBKKK

No, retail is only a sideline for us and Villa is the only supermarket we sell through - the problem with retail is the additional staff for checking stoks and re-stocking etc since here, they all work on consignment basis and it would be our responsibillity to make sure there is always stock in the shelf - doing this in Bangkok in 5 Branches of Villa is a hand full - doing this in Phuket 900+ KM away - dread the thought

Villa is opening in Pattaya this month I believe and we will supply there.

Another problem for western food in Supermarkets in Thailand is the regional difference - Phuket would do very well, so would a few in Bangkok but a lot of branches would not do well at all but also require servicing.

No CP products? :D

of course not, as anyway available in your local supermarket :D

with "local frozen products" I meant i.e. frozen Spinach, which is surely not everywhere available, but is from a Thai producer !

:D

Seppl

alas, I need a few more Polls !! so anybody not polled yet please do so :o

Sounds just wonderful, but how long will the dry ice last here in Thailand ??

I ask because I can see this service being used by those of use that live out in the sticks, and only drive into BKK or Pattaya 1x per year.

EMS = parcel is delivered by the local postman on his motorbike… he comes mostly 6days per week between 2 and 5 pm…… If there is heavy rain, or he is unwell, than there is no delivery that day, I have lived here 4 years so well used to the delivery..

Therefore the EMS package would be in transit at least 26hours.. in the next Village post office they need parcels before 12 noon for next day delivery so = 26 + hours

I ask because I can see this service being used by those of use that live out in the sticks, and only drive into BKK or Pattaya 1x per year.

EMS = parcel is delivered by the local postman on his motorbike… he comes mostly 6days per week between 2 and 5 pm…… If there is heavy rain, or he is unwell, than there is no delivery that day, I have lived here 4 years so well used to the delivery..

Therefore the EMS package would be in transit at least 26hours.. in the next Village post office they need parcels before 12 noon for next day delivery so = 26 + hours

thanks for the input ! will take all into account.

Just register as a "Guinea Pig" (see my post in Isaan Forum) and we try it out with you :o

Seppl

thanks for the input ! will take all into account.

Just register as a "Guinea Pig" (see my post in Isaan Forum) and we try it out with you :o

Seppl

Sepp.....I have suggestion that has worked for me MANY, MANY times. Ship the product on the bus in dry ice. Have the customer pick it up at his local bus terminal. Yorkies and a few others do it for me. They put it in a styrofoam cooler with dry ice and then they tape the lid on with packing tape. I have NEVER had a problem. The customer pays by bank transfer and also the cost of shipping, dry ice and the cooler box. Once you verify they have paid, then take it to the bus terminal and find out what time the bus is due to arrive at the customer's destination. It is really cheap!! I hope this ideal helps!!!

thanks Expat, will take it in consideration, at least for "larger consignments"

any experience (anyone) as to whether all arrives going to smaller places outside the big cities ?

I mean, sending somthing from Bkk to KK, CM, HKT is easy, but how about

HKT, tranship in BKK to KK and then on to Kalasin i.e.

all help appreciated :D:o

Seppl

any experience (anyone) as to whether all arrives going to smaller places outside the big cities ?

Seppl

That might be a problem as the Southern Busstation is on one side of bangkok and the Northern and Northeastern on another.

Waerth

Seppl

That might be a problem as the Southern Busstation is on one side of bangkok and the Northern and Northeastern on another.

Waerth

YES... Sending to a Bus terminal rather defects the usefulness of the service……

I am a fast driver and still it takes me 50mins to drive to the South Terminal, [get a friend in the south to send Green Nut/Bean every so often by bus]

Never been to the East/North Terminal but been to that area takes at least 1hr 20 to drive there.