Can I Buy Afterbite In Bangkok?

motoyen

Back home I used to use a product called aftetbite and it worked really well in stopping the itching. Is there a similar product here in Bangkok? I went to Boots and bought a tube of Betamethasone-N creame but it doesn't seem to be doing much.

I believe Afterbite is just ammonia in a handy applicator.

Cheers

That's interesting,I didn't know that...it is just the pungent smell

:o Wiley Coyote

Active Ingredients: contains: Ammonia (3.5%)

Inactive Ingredients: Alcohol Ethoxylate, Dimethicone, Natural Oil and Purified Water

I'm not just a pretty face :D

Cheers

Prednisil-N is a topical steroid cream in a small white tube.

You can buy it at most Thai pharmacies (though it is harder to get at Boots etc.)

Works wondrs and also heals the bite.

Also works on red ant bites.

At 30 Baht (outside of BKK) a tube, give it a try.

I used to use Fenistil until I got this new cream, now I would not swap back.

After being bitten constantly it was a blessed relief to have something that really works :o

Just my twopennorth :D

Back home I used to use a product called aftetbite and it worked really well in stopping the itching. Is there a similar product here in Bangkok? I went to Boots and bought a tube of Betamethasone-N creame but it doesn't seem to be doing much.

Betamethasone ! ? that's a topical corticosteriod, commonly used for treating eczema, scoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions. Among it's side effects are thinning of the skin. Not sure if it should be used for insect bites. I always use the thai "yaa mong" for insect bites and it seems to do the trick nicely for me.

Edited by sonicdragon

You can buy it at most Thai pharmacies (though it is harder to get at Boots etc.)

Works wonders and also heals the bite.

After being bitten constantly it was a blessed relief to have something that really works :o

Fantastic! I'm going to look for this stuff tomorrow. The strange thing is for the first week I was here I didn't get any bites but in the last 2 weeks I've just been eaten alive. Besides Boots is there another pharmacy I can find Prednisil-N at? Also if I write it in English will the pharmacist know what I want?

Besides Boots is there another pharmacy I can find Prednisil-N at? Also if I write it in English will the pharmacist know what I want?

Just about every Pharmacy in Thailand will carry it.

Of course if you write it in english they will understand.

Cheers

You can try

- Systral (chlorphenoxamine ) cream 25 mg ,Antihistaminic and antiallergic with cooling effect, sun burn apply to affected skin two to three times daily.

- Dermatop® Emollient Cream is a type of medicine known as a topical corticosteroid. Due to their anti-inflammatory properties, topical corticosteroids are ideal agents for many skin conditions. They reduce redness, swelling, and itching.

all arivable in pharmacy shop :o

TigerLily

Prevention is better than cure, and I swear by eating a spoonful of marmite each day when I am up in the boonies. May seem a bit of an old wives tale, but I have known a number of people who also swear by it.

I suppose same for the mozzies, you either love it, or hate it. :o

Edited by mrtoad

Works wonders and also heals the bite.

Fantastic! I'm going to look for this stuff tomorrow. The strange thing is for the first week I was here I didn't get any bites but in the last 2 weeks I've just been eaten alive. Besides Boots is there another pharmacy I can find Prednisil-N at? Also if I write it in English will the pharmacist know what I want?

Read above please. Thai pharmacies. Not sold much at Boots :D

Each time I went to a different (Thai) pharmacy I did write it down and if they had it in stock I had no problem at all getting it.

Prevention is better than cure, and I swear by eating a spoonful of marmite each day when I am up in the boonies. May seem a bit of an old wives tale, but I have known a number of people who also swear by it.

I suppose same for the mozzies, you either love it, or hate it. :o

Its the yeast.

Beer and bread help too :D

Cheers