Mailbox Rental In Phuket- Possibilities?

Filer

I've trawled through lots of old TV posts and searched the Web but can't find any recent info about mailbox rental possibilities specifically in Phuket (southern part of the island).

When I arrived permanently in Phuket later this year I'll need to rent a mailbox right away to receive my incoming mail until I get my long term accommodation sorted out (or until I am able to rent a PO Box at one of the local Post Offices).

In Bangkok, MBE (Mail Boxes Etc - part of UPS group) has offices in lots of retail centres where you can rent a mailbox and address for about 300baht a month. However, their Web site indicates that they have almost nothing in the south, except in Hat Yai - although an old posting on the Phuket Gazette site suggests that they were in Phuket Rd in Phuket Town at least in 2001.

Does anybody in Phuket know whether Mail Boxes Etc or anything equivalent exists today in Phuket? I should have thought that there would be a market for it, at least in Patong.

I did find mailbox rental offered by a large internet cafe in Patong Tower Shop Complex (In Touch Worldwide Co. Ltd). Anybody know them?

Ideally, I'd like to set something up before I arrive, so that I can give out a mail address in advance. I know for sure that this isn't possible with the Post Office, where you have to sign up in person for a box .

at the local Post Office in Patong you can rent about Baht 300 p.a.

at the Kata Post office as well and in Karon as far as I know

seeing that you should try first your local post office (Rawai, Chalong I guess)

Lotus is an option at the post store, but guess more expensive

Many thanks madmitch, seppl04, El Taco Loco, smartecosse, ozymandious

(nice string of names - makes you wonder what stories lie behind them!)

It looks as though there'll be no problem for me to get a box set up and email the address to all my correspondents right after I arrive.

Hello Filer.

As you said about the Post Office, you have to sign in in person but I know that in Kata (Karon Post Office) has 10 free boxes... don't know for how long... many expats in the area.

Best Regards

Mattias

Thanks for this detail, Mattias, that's encouraging.