Smc Wireless Adsl Router With True Adsl ?

Indiana

Hi all !!

We just ordered ADSL with True (512/256)

And for our network (here in the office) we bought a "SMC Wireless ADSL Barricade G".

My question; Does anybody know the configuration with true ??

I need to fill in the following options:

PPPoE Menu:

- IP Adress

- Subnet Mask

- VPI/VCI

I can also fill in following menu's but I don't know what they mean. :o

ATM, Clone Mac and ISP.

Do I need to fill in any other options to make the ADSL work ??

Thank you in advance !!

Greetz,

Rick

Router settings are pretty simple for True, but not well distributed. (and they're slightly different from the old TA ones)

PPPoE

VPI 0

VCI 100

Encapsulation LLC

Primary DNS server is 203.144.255.71

Secondary DNS server is 203.144.255.72

The ISP screen is where you enter your userid and password. (It's the router that connects to True, not your PC - your PC just connects to the router).

You shouldn't need to touch the ATM screen.

These are the settings I used when I set up my SMC Barricade a few months ago (and my connection's still working.)

Use the LAN Settings screen to set your subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 (but I think that's the default anyway). That should be it so long as the PCs on your network have either got static IP addresses using the same first 3 numbers as your router - or are using DHCP to get an IP address from the router...

You may need to turn on uPnP if you want to do things like IP telephony, etc. But straight web access should be fine so long as you've filtered any phone connections on the same line.

If you've got a static IP address from True (I don't), you may have to set the IP address values on the PPPoE screen - I've just got zeroes there (and on that screen's subnet mask entry).