Which Is The Best Family Restaurant In Pattaya

wileycoyote

This is a good thread,my family from UK come over each year to visit me abt 18 of them,adults & children.This comes up each time.The ones we've found that seem to keep all/most happy are,

1.Pig & Whistle - soi 7

2.Nicky's - soi buckhao

3.Actually thats abt it.

The places which used to be on the list but are now crap.Nothing but problems during our last visits

1.Shenanigans

2.Sportsman

3.Jamiesons

Places which pleased a few of the family,mixed repoorts.

1.Tequila Reef

2.Bob's

American Rib ( only for the ribs)

I have a wife & 2 children under 12 ,which restaurants would you recommend ?

Why ?

What would be the best time to go ?

:o Wiley Coyote

Well i personally wouldnt go in the bar/restuarants mentioned, especially nickys and p and w,( passive smoke ) cherrys on road 2 is excellent, sizzler of course,and i can ( if you want to budget ) thouroughly recommend neeroys off soi bhukaow,.i reckon best rimes to go are earlier like 6pm ,not too many people,

As an alternative to farang food, why don't you try "Mum Aroy" on third road between Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Nua, on the left hand side if driving towards Nua. The sign is in Thai, so you will need some help there.

This is a very popular restaurant that serves excellent Thai/Sea food at reasonable prices in a an nice open setting. There are English menus and the service is first class, and the place is very much family orientated.

Open from afternoon onwards, ands gets very busy in the evenings (a good sign), but there's always table free somewhere.

You won't be disappointed.

For farang food, try Greg's kitchen on 2nd road, just past Soi 6 on the other side of the road. Really good English food with a lot of homemade stuff (pies, quiches etc) on the menu. Very tasty food in aircon comfort.

Why ?

Well i personally wouldnt go in the bar/restuarants mentioned, especially nickys and p and w,( passive smoke ) cherrys on road 2 is excellent, sizzler of course,and i can ( if you want to budget ) thouroughly recommend neeroys off soi bhukaow,.i reckon best rimes to go are earlier like 6pm ,not too many people,

P & W = Passive smoke??? Not if you go into the back NON SMOKING room. I hate smoke filled bars, and the P&W is certainly not that, in the non-smoking section.

Sizzler = sickness for me (see my thread)

i would only take family to a mall restaurant. clean, ac and your family will not be in line of vision of what goes on here.

Both of the restaurants I have recommended are suitable for children.

I personally would not take children to Tropical Berts (which is an excellent bar with good food BTW), or any place that has 'hostesses'.

The locale of the Pig & Whistle and the Sportsman makes them suspect - but I'm sure Jamiesons. Shenanigans etc are fine.

You can't pretend that the sex industry doesn't exist, but you don't have to rub it in the kids faces.

But others may have different views on this. :o

Why ?

P & W = Passive smoke??? Not if you go into the back NON SMOKING room. I hate smoke filled bars, and the P&W is certainly not that, in the non-smoking section.

Sizzler = sickness for me (see my thread)

We went to the pig and w and the back was full, so sat in the back of the bar, full of smoke so we had a drink and left,.and again im afriad as i have posted in another thread we love sizzler, eat there once a week and had no problems, both of us just unlucky i guess,.

We have a nice restaurant a short drive away from Pattaya (in Sattahip about 25 minute drive) It has a large Koi pond and waterfalls to keep the kids entertained and live folk music every night ( singer with guitar- mellow stuff) . It is only Thai food with a large menu to choose from. This is a nice authentic Thai place with an forest like atmosphere to impress your visitors.

See our full add with the link below.

Chompri Restaurant Sattahip

PM me for any additional details.

Tuffy

Thai House Restaurant on Pattaya Nua near Tesco ok for a long family meal with some involvement in on stage dancing/sword fights etc.

Somaks Restaurant at the bottom of Soi 1, on the right before you get to Beach Road, simple and quite, normally has parking spaces outside.

Have you tried the new restaurant called "BKK Grill"? It is close to the booking office for the cineplex at The Avenue on Second Road. The food is simple, very tasty, comes in generous portions and is remarkably cheap. (Now I suppose we'll get questions like "whereabouts on Second Road is The Avenue"!)

i would only take family to a mall restaurant. clean, ac and your family will not be in line of vision of what goes on here.

I personally would not take children to Tropical Berts (which is an excellent bar with good food BTW), or any place that has 'hostesses'.

The locale of the Pig & Whistle and the Sportsman makes them suspect - but I'm sure Jamiesons. Shenanigans etc are fine.

You can't pretend that the sex industry doesn't exist, but you don't have to rub it in the kids faces.

Tropical Bert's does not have 'hostesses',if that is what you were meaning, we only have regular waitresses and a lot of families dine here.

Tropical Bert's does not have 'hostesses',if that is what you were meaning, we only have regular waitresses and a lot of families dine here.

I concur, Tropical Berts has no hostesses.

I'd even suggest Queen Vic, but running the gauntlet might be a bit much for the lil ones. (Of course the rear entrance is a possibility????)

My apologies.

I have only been there once and that was some time back. Obviously my memory is playing tricks.

I would certainly include Tropical Berts on the list for families then, with the proviso that I personally wouldn't take any kid under 16 in any sort of 'bar type' establishment in that area of Pattaya.

But that is my personal preference, and I know that other parents have no problems with such places for family dining.

My apologies.

I would certainly include Tropical Berts on the list for families then, with the proviso that I personally wouldn't take any kid under 16 in any sort of 'bar type' establishment in that area of Pattaya.

But that is my personal preference, and I know that other parents have no problems with such places for family dining.

Thank you mobi

:D Wiley Coyote

Berts is good, just avoid soi 6 with the kiddies. I like Asia Moon for the buffet brekky 150 baht for as much as you like. Mum aroy is good as is Amphorn Seafood. Gullivers a great place cold beer and great snack and full menu. Sizzler does give me the screaming abdabs on occasion so worth a miss. Gregs, good food bit exxy though. P & W great no smoke in the back and the best Fish & Chips in town. Caddy shack soi 17 good wholesome food and reasonable prices.

Cheap Thai Food at Maesriruen Big C. MK great famiky dining if you like suki. Palmers was always good for a feed but not the best part of town for the kiddies. Continental is good for brekky or snacks. Jomtien and Soi Buakhaow near the Bowling Green.

Just to add my 2 baht worth..Tropical Bert's has a computer in the restaurant area that is used by adults regards email issues and by many children if they get bored. Most children who visit Tropocal Berts of the age who can use a computer tend to play games on it and entertain themselves.

There are customers who appreciate the fact that their children are happier because of this when they accompany their parents to Tropical Bert's.

Children of any age are more than welcome.

Personally I have had my children and grandchildren and my neice visit the bar. No problems.

Mind you my children are 31,29,25,22 and my 3 gradchildren are uner 3 years.

begsaresponse

Edited by begsaresponse

I think different for western food and Thai.

I suppose you could argue that McDonalds was best for certain things at certain times or Burger King but seriously. ......

I cannot bring myself to recommned places like Sizzler as they are just another McD in my opinion but whilst I love Vientianne, I am not sure of its suitability for all given the cuisine and whether you are dealing with old people who want English food etc ?

For kids you have the Hard Rock but OTT pricing and just a glorified McD anyway. Pizza places are here and there as are MK but again, who is eating.

I suppose it really comes down to whether you want a place which takes care of the olds or the kids or you actually want something decent to eat ?

Head on up to Sriracha to Mum Aroi, they have expanded over the years and have done a really good job of it. Sunset is a great time to go as it is right on the beach (Sriracha version of beach) and you can watch the sun go down over Koh Loi, actually head up after lunch and visit Koh Loi whilst your there.

Pub Beer in Sriracha is also another good seaside restaurant. Popular with the Thais and their families, the food is very good and inexpensive, and the menu is written in Thai as well as English. A band plays every night from about 8:00pm, but not loud enough to drown out conversation. An added bonus is the plethora of attractive uni students working after hours as service staff... very friendly and they love kids.

I know most of the restaurants mentioned so far in this topic and even more if Jomtien is included. However, other than places like KFC, McDonalds and Burger King (and the like) who offer speciality children's meals or children's portions, not one of the restaurants mentioned caters for children. This is a feature of Pattaya's restaurants and does nothing to promote the image of Pattaya as being a "Family Resort".

"Simple Simon" in Soi 5 Jomtien provides decent fare....good value and filling to. I took my six-year old daughter to eat breakfast with me yesterday and I asked for a small sausage sandwich for her (a half portion). In other words, all she would be able to eat would be one slice of bread and two sausages rather than the gut-busting normal of twice that. I was assured that wouldn't be a problem by the waitress but, when my daughter's food appeared, it was the usual door-step sized offering.

We were in "The Ritz" in Soi Yamato, Pattaya, last month and neither my daughter or myself enjoys black pudding. As we were going to share a breakfast, I asked if the black pudding could be replaced by a rasher of bacon or a sausage and I was told "Cannot.......cannot change"!!!

The simple fact is that these places, the owners of these places or the employees in these places, can't get there minds around the fact that they should be more adaptable and flexible in their menus when it comes to feeding young children.

Head on up to Sriracha to Mum Aroi, they have expanded over the years and have done a really good job of it. Sunset is a great time to go as it is right on the beach (Sriracha version of beach) and you can watch the sun go down over Koh Loi, actually head up after lunch and visit Koh Loi whilst your there.

I fully agree. Mum Aroi in Sri Racha has really done a great job and the view at anytime (but especially sunset) is fantastic. Great place to relax

Pub Beer in Sriracha is also another good seaside restaurant. Popular with the Thais and their families, the food is very good and inexpensive, and the menu is written in Thai as well as English. A band plays every night from about 8:00pm, but not loud enough to drown out conversation. An added bonus is the plethora of attractive uni students working after hours as service staff... very friendly and they love kids.

I agree with this one also.

I fully agree. Mum Aroi in Sri Racha has really done a great job and the view at anytime (but especially sunset) is fantastic. Great place to relax

On the subject of Mum Aroys, I have already recommended the Mum Aroy on Third Road, which isn't half bad, considering the location; then there is an extremely excellent Mum Aroy in Naklua, right by the beach, which also has tables around an outdoor pool. Great ambience and music and food - but one problem - it is so popular, that despite its large size, it is often full up and you have to wait. They won't take bookings either.

The one at Sri Racha is right next to Samitivej hospital, if anyone is looking for an alternative to BPH. If you get a room on one of the higher floors, you get a great view of the bay, as you recover - or die - as the case may be :D - but that's another story. :o

Enjoy your food and your Mum Aroys' :D