Old Stuff In Chiang Mai For Sale

idahospud

Hello to all. I am from the USA in Chiang Mai for the next 9 months can anyone direct me to an area or specific place that I can purchase small trinkets (Antique Items) not new crafts . For instance I collect old coke bottles ,Pepsi and mountain dew and advertising Signs. I know this is pretty vague and old to some may mean 2000 years but more like stuff from the early to mid 1900s. I am looking for Items I can package and send back home. Any input ? :o

Hello to all. I am from the USA in Chiang Mai for the next 9 months can anyone direct me to an area or specific place that I can purchase small trinkets (Antique Items) not new crafts . For instance I collect old coke bottles ,Pepsi and mountain dew and advertising Signs. I know this is pretty vague and old to some may mean 2000 years but more like stuff from the early to mid 1900s. I am looking for Items I can package and send back home. Any input ? :o

There are tons of "flea markets" around Chiangmai that sell all of the above. One of the best ones for daytime shopping is on the road that runs past the Kamtieng market. Get on the Superhighway and locate the Tesco Lotus store and turn left directly past it under a blue steel archway that reads Kamtieng market. It might be in Thai, but you cant't miss it. Go straight down that road, and over the first set of traffic lights, and you'll find all the shops on the left hand side of the road. Park, and take a wander. I often do some shopping there. Old brass light fittings, enamel signs, telephones, bottles, you name it, and they have it.....MM

Edited by Maejo Man

Another flea market with lots of old/antique stuff is held on Sundays on Bumrungrat Road north of Kaew Nawarat Road. From the river get on the road going to the bus station (Kaew Nawarat). Bumrungrat is the first main 4 way intersection I think, there's a Bud's Ice Cream on the corner. The market will begin on your left. I'm not exactly sure about the times - I recall going late on a Sunday morning.

Another flea market with lots of old/antique stuff is held on Sundays on Bumrungrat Road north of Kaew Nawarat Road. From the river get on the road going to the bus station (Kaew Nawarat). Bumrungrat is the first main 4 way intersection I think, there's a Bud's Ice Cream on the corner. The market will begin on your left. I'm not exactly sure about the times - I recall going late on a Sunday morning.

This one used to be Saturdays. Has it changed or expanded to cover both days?

This one used to be Saturdays. Has it changed or expanded to cover both days?

You know, I could be mistaken in saying I went on a Sunday. It was many months ago & I only went that one time.

You may want to try the stalls down by JJ Market, there is a lot of that type of curio to be found there.

To get there travel over to the far north eastern corner of Chiang Mai moat and turn left and follow the road out, across the next 2 sets of traffic lights, and you are there.

Edited by mickmac