Belgian-Dutch Drug Ring Caught On Koh Samui

george

Belgian-Dutch drug ring caught on Thai resort island

The foreigners had reportedly bought expensive plots of land and houses on the island resort, allegedly with the drug money, according to the narcotics police chief.

Interesting how that works.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm looks like a death sentence case

I hope so...they deserve it!!!

Nobody deserves a death sentence. Only uncivilized countries still practice it.

I agree. Put them away for a long time in a hellhole Thai prison & that should suffice.

The death penalty was in place before they sold the drugs. If you don't like the rope don't sell the dope. Question. Why doesn't the "civilised" people of the world donate 10% or more of their wealth to the starving? Answer because civilisation only goes as far as the soap box on which your standing. Explain civilised. Then name me one civilised country.

can farrangs now buy land?? correct me if im wong but I thought farrangs cannot own land here?

I was wondering the same thing. I wish they would share their secret. They might have some visa tips also.

As a first responder in the fire department, I saw some pretty ugly things and most of them involved booze.

Maybe work the death sentence in there somehow.

I think the pharma companies and drug lords would probably lobby against legalizing drugs to keep the market up. GL

Why would Pharma lobby against legalizing drugs - they could produce the best shit possible?

Pharma is a bigger scapegoat than old Dubya on this board among those who know little about the business :o

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for big pharma. My wife is an internist and our substantial income is heavily linked to pharmaceuticals. Of course some chemo drugs make herion seem a bargain and your right about producing good shit. Morphine is often the answer to the question,"Can't you give him/her something?"

It would be nice if we lived in a world where people didn't perceive voids in their lives and turned to drugs to fill them but hey, that's capitalism. I love everybody. Especially Thai related people. Although I'm not to fond of meth addicts. GL

If found guilty, THROW THE BOOK AT 'EM.

It's people (!) like those who force immigration to really clamp down on visa rules, and law abiding residents suffer more stringent rules (sometimes to the point of departing LoS forever).

Law abiding residents should not have anything to worry about more stringent visa rules i would have thought.

I would have thought the hang em high brigade would like the rules as stringent as possible.

Unless of course they are "Bending" those rules to stay in Thailand themselves in either the spirit or letter of the law?

I have been here for 10 years and recently have changed to a Non O multi entry. I have never failed to pay taxes, always have paid road tax and 1st class insurance, donated to temples, never broken any laws (OK, littering the odd time and not crossing at a designated place), but may be subject to getting only a single entry visa (or tourist visa) the next time I apply because immigration sometimes tar falangs with the same brush. Please do not lecture a law abiding person.

Why would they change your visa type if you are abiding by the rules for that visa type?

Death Penalty in Belgium. Was removed constitutionally in '96. However, when a country becomes a signatory to {and ratifies} the European Convention on Human Rights, the death penalty is effectively abrogated by such an action, since Protocol 6 [Requires parties to restrict the application of the death penalty to times of war or 'imminent threat of war'.]

Regards

Belgian-Dutch drug ring caught on Thai resort island

The foreigners had reportedly bought expensive plots of land and houses on the island resort, allegedly with the drug money, according to the narcotics police chief.

Interesting how that works.

Make an investment of over 40 Million Baht left for a minimum number of years [the current maximum size limit of freehold ownership rights is one Rai of land (1600 Sqm.)]

Great just great - here we go again for the hundredth time with the pro and con death penalty debate. I guess I will weigh in my two bahts worth so the dogooders can howl how unfair my opinion is, shame on me - you take the risk, you know the consequences. The death penalty is applied. Its the law of the country where you got caught. Its not exactly rocket science to know they knew the rewards v's the risks.

I for one would have no quarms in pushing the lethal injection button. But then again I spent 25 years in law enforcement and have seen first hand the pain and misery that drugs caused. You 'turn the other cheek' types that feel that only uncivilised countries still practice it should come out of your warm fluffy box for a shot of reality.

What he said.

I can't believe how many of you <deleted> are cheering for the death penalty over dealing marijuana & herion. I don't think herion has ever killed anyone and I'm positive that marijuana hasn't! Alcohol and nicotine kill thousands every year but, due to commercial greed and taxes, they remain legal. Use of any drug should be a personal choice based on health risks and whether it endangers anyone around you.

Heroin has never killed anyone??? Ever hear of the term "overdose"??? Sounds to me like you're on the stuff.

Or dealing.

As soon as dealers and distributors are caught, they are replaced by others.

The "Profit Motive" looms heavily in their particular vocation :o

Reason for edit:  typo

Edited by pampal

If they are innocent, I hope the truth will prevail and they eventually find their freedom.

If they are guilty, I couldn't care less if they rot in jail, have their limbs ripped from their body or die a slow painful death. Who really cares about drug traffickers? Scum.

It's people (!) like those who force immigration to really clamp down on visa rules, and law abiding residents suffer more stringent rules (sometimes to the point of departing LoS forever).

Law abiding residents should not have anything to worry about more stringent visa rules i would have thought.

I would have thought the hang em high brigade would like the rules as stringent as possible.

Unless of course they are "Bending" those rules to stay in Thailand themselves in either the spirit or letter of the law?

I have been here for 10 years and recently have changed to a Non O multi entry. I have never failed to pay taxes, always have paid road tax and 1st class insurance, donated to temples, never broken any laws (OK, littering the odd time and not crossing at a designated place), but may be subject to getting only a single entry visa (or tourist visa) the next time I apply because immigration sometimes tar falangs with the same brush. Please do not lecture a law abiding person.

Why would they change your visa type if you are abiding by the rules for that visa type?

So, if I never break any laws in the future and keep my nose clean, I am guaranteed (visa-wise) to live here all my days? I mean....this forum is littered with posters saying they are in uncharted waters because of visa changes to the norm over the last few years

Edited by Big A

They are the type of people who make us visit immigration every 90 days to check in like criminals.

No, the type of people who make us visit Immigration every 90 days are Thai.

I disagree. While they may be used as an excuse to clamp down on visa rules the real reason is nationalism and xenophobia.

^^

Fair enough comment, Tud.

So, if I never break any laws in the future and keep my nose clean, I am guaranteed (visa-wise) to live here all my days? I mean....this forum is littered with posters saying they are in uncharted waters because of visa changes to the norm over the last few years

I really do not know - if you qualify for O through say marriage etc and you do not get divorced then why would they change it?

I can only really remember it being tightened for 30 day visa runners???

If they are innocent, I hope the truth will prevail and they eventually find their freedom.

If they are guilty, I couldn't care less if they rot in jail, have their limbs ripped from their body or die a slow painful death. Who really cares about drug traffickers? Scum.

dont hold back sunderland ,say what you really mean :o

I hope they put them to work with hard labor on a road crew. I hate people who live rich off of others pain. You know they laughed every day on their way to the bank. HE WHO LAUGHS LAST...LAUGHS FREE!

They are the type of people who make us visit immigration every 90 days to check in like criminals. Make them suffer the rest of their pathetic lives.

This also proves that all drugs should be legalized. That would make no middle man making huge profits...give real people...real jobs...and free the police to fight terrorism.

I agree!! (With the first bit anyway, not so much the legalisation of drugs)

Is it any wonder Immigration are increasing and hardlining rules for expats when you hear of these reports that seem to be increasing day by day. No country want these people peddling death to their (often young) citizens while they enjoy freedom and mass wealth at their cost.

Im not an advicate of the death penalty but these people impose a death penalty indiscriminately with their trade and I wonder why they then shouldnt suffer the same, saying that life in a Thai Jail would probably have a more sobering effect than a quick painfree injection! (Assuming they are Guilty of course)

Edited by Tafia

Drug dealers have to be at the bottom of the scum pond, but someone made a point once, saying, what's worse than drug dealers, are the people that buy the drugs. No buyers, no sellers. You would think that someone in some Govt. somewhere, would wake up to the fact, that if drugs were legalized and under Govt. control and Govt. taxed, their country would stand to reap benefits like they couldn't imagine. However, I have a conspiracy theory, that the U.S. Govt. with all their resources, would come down on them like a hammer. I am surprised that Amsterdam gets away with what it does.

I hope they put them to work with hard labor on a road crew. I hate people who live rich off of others pain. You know they laughed every day on their way to the bank. HE WHO LAUGHS LAST...LAUGHS FREE!

They are the type of people who make us visit immigration every 90 days to check in like criminals. Make them suffer the rest of their pathetic lives.

This also proves that all drugs should be legalized. That would make no middle man making huge profits...give real people...real jobs...and free the police to fight terrorism.

Is it any wonder Immigration are increasing and hardlining rules for expats when you hear of these reports that seem to be increasing day by day. No country want these people peddling death to their (often young) citizens while they enjoy freedom and mass wealth at their cost.

Im not an advicate of the death penalty but these people impose a death penalty indiscriminately with their trade and I wonder why they then shouldnt suffer the same, saying that life in a Thai Jail would probably have a more sobering effect than a quick painfree injection! (Assuming they are Guilty of course)

BUT, they wouldn't be peddling death to these (young) citizens, if those (young) citizens weren't buying it. The sad fact is, they are buying it, ergo, drug dealers.

So you want to legalize every drug in the world, your all screwed up if you think that will happen. People are still going to beg, borrow and STEEL to get that drug whether its legalized or not (I suppose some of you are forgetting that drugs are addictive). So who ends up paying for it then, the general public.

With regards to the death penalty, no they shouldn't get it, it would be far worse for them to be tied up in a Thai jail for the next 40years. But an eye for an eye, yes I do believe in that.

Good day to you all.

BUT, they wouldn't be peddling death to these (young) citizens, if those (young) citizens weren't buying it. The sad fact is, they are buying it, ergo, drug dealers.

What you are saying it's the kids fault for buying it...What?...

See a gap in the market and plug it?? Kids and Peer Pressure within modern society will experiment so take away the dealers = no market....

Look at it this way - No Dealers - No Temptation - No Buyers - No Market ...

So No Fat Profit = No Dealers and a safer society for us all!!

Edited by Tafia

I agree. Put them away for a long time in a hellhole Thai prison & that should suffice.

did you mean CIVILISIZED like the United States??? wow a good example for the world !!