Another Airfare Question (sorry)

CeeGee

I am sure this is a common problem but after searching both this site and various on line travel agents in the UK and Thailand cannot seem to find a solution.

My G/F has been to the UK twice before and each time has used BA (because I can pay on line in the UK and it’s a direct flight)

When I go to Thailand, I usually fly with EVA, it’s a good price and its direct.

Early next year I want to fly out and when I return she wants to fly back with me and return to Thailand about a month later.

I can get flights with EVA for around the £450 mark for me but her ticket everywhere I have looked comes in at about 43,000 baht (£650).It has to be a direct flight because she is worried about changing planes without me there. I have tried playing with dates as we are fairly flexible but keep hitting this 43/44000 baht mark which seems to be a bit over the top compared with the prices I can get for my own flights.

Any help would be appreciated as the £200 difference will make a lot of difference in the amounts she(my wallet) has for clothes shopping.

Thanks

if she flought with the BT stick with them - in january they have £640, regular fare. Call southalltravel or westesttravel - they always can bit the price.

flights with stopovers are always cheaper - I know thai who never flown and don't speak english and they were able to change airplanes easily

I commute to the states on a yearly basis. I can say that buying a r/trip ticket FROM bangkok is always much more expensive that buying a r/trip ticket originating in the states. I can't figure it out, but that's the way it's been for the past 10 years or so that I have been flying.

Why it costs the Thai people more is beyond my intelligence.

I just tried BKK-LHR with 20-Jan-2008 departure and 26-Feb-2008 return date on the Eva Air web site and it came back with two economy fares: 32000TB and 35000TB. However, they then add tax of 12100TB so it'll come to 43100TB and 46100TB.

BA on the other hand is charging 10055TB in taxes online. So it is possible to get a BA ticket for 39505TB, but the flight back to bkk is a code share which is run by Quantas. She needs to leave and return on Tue, Wed or Thur. Dates I tried was 1/22 and 2/288.

I think that there may be exchange rate differences and those taxes and fees are really getting expensive!

Flights will almost always be cheaper from the point of departure, so a round trip US-BKK-US will always be cheaper when bought in the US.

That being said, in this case the OP wants to book a BKK-LON-BKK trip - but it's more expensive than his LON-BKK-LON trip. This could be for any number of reasons, such as landing charges, airport taxes, flight load, etc.

But usually it is because the seat is being booked in a different booking class, and not all booking classes are offered in every country. It also depends on promotions, as well as what other competitive carriers are charging.

What you need to do is check the booking class and/or call the airline - they can give you a much more precise explanation for the difference in price.

im just havin fun.......lol.

stll if guy is trying to save muney he should try my alternativ. think outside of box, girl wantfly she no o shop. she want sh op she no fly. tel l sweetie you have a bf with limited meens.

as we say in usa more than one way to skin a poodle.

You're going to have to bite the bullet.

The only words of consolation I can give to you are.... Due to a glitch in EVA's system, when you book from Bangkok in the Economy cabin, you are 'accidentally' charged the extra Business Class tax of £40. Of course they hope that you don't notice that. Reclaim it.

Next, book with and the Audi Card or Post Office Mastercard for an extra 5% discount. That will bring the cost down to around £580. Though you may get away with £573 due to exchange rate fluctuations.

Otherwise, if just_Elaine's suggestion for BA is viable, try them.

jimmym40

No need for it to be beyond your intelligence, I can explain.

It's a matter or restrictions.

The prices quoted from Thailand are for long validity direct flights with little or no restrictions in the way of date change fees and refunds etc.

The OP's flight from the UK is likely to be of one month duration with punitive date change fees and likely non refundable.

The equivalent ticket from the UK is likely to be much more expensive.

Put simply.

It's a matter or restrictions.

The prices quoted from Thailand are for long validity direct flights with little or no restrictions in the way of date change fees and refunds etc.

The OP's flight from the UK is likely to be of one month duration with punitive date change fees and likely non refundable.

The equivalent ticket from the UK is likely to be much more expensive.

Put simply.

Case in point: Emirates will now only sell 12 month returns to UK from Thailand, but both legs can be changed at no cost through the selling agent.

I am sure this is a common problem but after searching both this site and various on line travel agents in the UK and Thailand cannot seem to find a solution.

My G/F has been to the UK twice before and each time has used BA (because I can pay on line in the UK and it’s a direct flight)

When I go to Thailand, I usually fly with EVA, it’s a good price and its direct.

Early next year I want to fly out and when I return she wants to fly back with me and return to Thailand about a month later.

I can get flights with EVA for around the £450 mark for me but her ticket everywhere I have looked comes in at about 43,000 baht (£650).It has to be a direct flight because she is worried about changing planes without me there. I have tried playing with dates as we are fairly flexible but keep hitting this 43/44000 baht mark which seems to be a bit over the top compared with the prices I can get for my own flights.

Any help would be appreciated as the £200 difference will make a lot of difference in the amounts she(my wallet) has for clothes shopping.

Thanks

If I understand you right there is NO solution. Prices ex UK are always or nearly always cheaper than from Thailand on the nonstop carriers. Eva are forced to toe the line in the UK to remain competitive, whereas from here they can always get more money. The only solution is for both of you nto fly Etihad or Qatar or more obscure airlines like Turkish or someone!