Team Players

mrtoad

Lehmann issues threat to Wenger

Source:BBC

Arsenal keeper Jens Lehmann has warned he may publicly air his grievances with Arsene Wenger if he does not play soon.

Lehmann's errors and injuries at the start of the season gave Manuel Almunia his chance and he is now first-choice ahead of the fit-again German stopper.

The 37-year-old told German TV channel Premiere: "I think - and this is aimed at my dear manager - one shouldn't humiliate players for too long.

"It's possible that some day I'll feel like talking about the whole issue."

Lehmann's comments come after he was left out of the Arsenal squad against Bolton last Saturday - a game he expected to play in after impressing for Germany earlier this month.

But Wenger, who dropped Lehmann after he gifted Blackburn an equaliser in the 1-1 draw on 19 August, stuck with Almunia and put young keeper Lukasz Fabianski on the bench.

"At the moment I'm just swallowing it all as part of the humiliation. That's something one has to take in, " Lehmann said.

"But I'm an Arsenal player and I won't just fade away quietly."

Lehmann is also bemused by Wenger's statement that he has three "world-class" goalkeepers to pick from.

"One of them must be me," he suggested. "The other two have proved their class by winning titles? If I think about that, I can't recall any. I guess today you're nevertheless world-class."

Lehmann won the Uefa Cup in 1997 with Schalke 04, the Bundesliga title in 2002 with Borussia Dortmund and the Premier League with Arsenal in 2004.

And he made it clear he feels he should still be the number one at the Emirates Stadium.

"I'm convinced that I'll be playing again. Almunia has not yet showed that he can win matches for us," Lehmann added.

"I've experienced this situation before and know what the others are expecting from the goalkeeper. I can't imagine he'll be able to handle that."

Whilst, I can understand his disapointment at being dropped, he really can't blame the manager, as he did make some pretty bad mistakes early on in the season. What I find more distasteful in this statement, is the lack of respect that he is showing for his fellow team mates.

I'd hazzard a guess that Lehman is on his way out, and after this little bit of publicity I'd sugges the sooner the better as he could end up being a pretty disruptive influence in the dressing room.

Edited by mrtoad

Team player Lehman is definitely not :D .

I read somewhere that Wenger was considering a move for Robert Green in January , probably a stop gap measure , and with the behavior of this crout we can see why.

Another player though I think is not a team player is Louis Saha. Man u fans will know a lot more than me but it seems strange the way he gets injured when he's not playing.

Any more none team players :o:D , I'm sure there's tons :D .

Team player Lehman is definitely not :D .

I read somewhere that Wenger was considering a move for Robert Green in January , probably a stop gap measure , and with the behavior of this crout we can see why.

Another player though I think is not a team player is Louis Saha. Man u fans will know a lot more than me but it seems strange the way he gets injured when he's not playing.

Any more none team players :o:D , I'm sure there's tons :D .

Alan Shearer, Michael Owen, Marcilleno? Newcastle seem to have had a few over the years.

As for Saha aka Balsa boy, he could get injured sleeping. Not sure if he is faking it though, but he does seem to get some rather strange injuries.

some strange arrogance...seeing this today after having in the last few days experienced in your face arrogance from another german :o I know i cant generalise....but well the thought crossed my mind :D they may make good friends.

on the other hand, Lehmann is not popular at home..........

The guy's not exactly a young lad anymore, he's gotta be careful when he opens his big trap, he may well not get another chance...hopefully. How can he keep having a pop at Alumia? (whatever his name is) The bloke's kept 7 clean sheets which, to me, makes him more than able to be No.1

The guy's not exactly a young lad anymore, he's gotta be careful when he opens his big trap, he may well not get another chance...hopefully. How can he keep having a pop at Alumia? (whatever his name is) The bloke's kept 7 clean sheets which, to me, makes him more than able to be No.1

Bloody Sour Kraut. :o

Bloody Sour Kraut. :o

Never rated the bloke anyway.....certainly not a patch on Bert Trautman eh MrBJ ? :D Anybody playing on with a broken neck is tops in my book.

Off the Lehman topic a little but still on subject.

I can't beleive that Gary Megson has resigned from Leicester. After we eventually got rid of him he was out of the game for a year & then Mandric gave him the chance to resurect his career. To throw it back at him like that is unforgivable. Even though Leicester are s**mb**s :D

Bloody Sour Kraut. :D

Never rated the bloke anyway.....certainly not a patch on Bert Trautman eh MrBJ ? :D Anybody playing on with a broken neck is tops in my book.

Off the Lehman topic a little but still on subject.

I can't beleive that Gary Megson has resigned from Leicester. After we eventually got rid of him he was out of the game for a year & then Mandric gave him the chance to resurect his career. To throw it back at him like that is unforgivable. Even though Leicester are s**mb**s :D

Oh come on Chavy. Do you seriously feel sorry for Mandick, after the way he shafted "Mad Dog" Allen earlier in the season? Loyalty goes both ways, that's why "Mutual Consent", is the best option :o

As For Lemon in goal, I've never rated him either, but he clearly rates himself. He's a s Dodgy as Pontios Pilot when it comes to dealing with Crosses.

Edited by mrtoad

The general opinion about 'mad dog' was he certainly lived up to his name within the club all be it a short time. I understand he had to go.

I'm not a particular fan of Mandric but he's put his money where his mouth is & has got Pompey up & established in the prem & has bailed Leicester out of so much shvte & debt by taking them on. I have no doubts he'll get them up.

BTW....our benevolent chairman is close to closing a deal to sell Umbro to Nike for a reported 285 mill, quid :o

Now that could buy us a few players to get out of L1......& not a penny frozen in a Thai or Swiss bank account :D

What's the betting that that other great club man Nicholas Anelka, will start spitting the dummy in the coming weeks. Can't see that he is going to be to keen on playing for Megson.

I can see him chinning Mugson before too long. If he keeps to his previous ways of slagging the players off in public alive one of them will for sure. It'll be interesting how the senior players react, the likes of Speed , Nolan etc how long they will remain loyal.

• 1 month later...

No thread about Lemon would be complete without his arch Nemesis, and here he is blasting his team mates....

Bayern suspend Kahn after blasting team-mates

Bayern Munich have suspended goalkeeper Oliver Kahn for one game and fined him €25,000 for a breach of club discipline.

Bayern said in a statement that Kahn, the club captain, would be sidelined for Saturday's Bundesliga clash away to Hertha Berlin 'for disciplinary reasons'.

The club gave no details as to why coach Ottmar Hitzfeld decided to take such action.

However, the 38-year-old criticised Bayern's new recruits Franck Ribery and Luca Toni, telling Kicker: 'The new players need to get used to our high expectations.

'It is not good enough to make a bright start. One or two (players) have got to work out that two or three good games are not enough.

'Bayern is not Marseille or Fiorentina; we are like Real, Man United, Barca or Milan.

'It is hard to get a team together because we always need three interpreters. There is no pleasure in our game anymore, and every player has got to ask themselves why.

'I don't have the precise answer, but every game is getting a bit worse.'

Bayern lead the Bundesliga by two points from Werder Bremen, with just Saturday's game to go before the long mid-season break.

Lemon and Kahn are a right pair. :o

It is hard to get a team together because we always need three interpreters.

:D I can see where he's coming from.

I thought about this recently whilst watching a champions league game involving shakhtar donetsk:

a ukrainian club

with a romanian manager

1 romanian player

a czech player

a couple of serb players

a mexican

a pole

an italian

a croat

& a handful of brazilians

:o

wonder what language they speak on the training ground.