Tourist Visa To Non Immigrant O

hello everyone. i will be in thailand by november 15th. I have been trying to ask for a letter from the thai organization i will be working with, but i have not heard from them yet. If i enter thailand on a visa on arrival 30-day visa, will it be possible to go to Laos or malaysia to apply for a non immigrant o visa? by then i will have my letter of invitation for the thai government along with my teaching credentials as a volunteer. does anyone think i'll have a chance? thanks! :o

hello everyone. i will be in thailand by november 15th. I have been trying to ask for a letter from the thai organization i will be working with, but i have not heard from them yet. If i enter thailand on a visa on arrival 30-day visa, will it be possible to go to Laos or malaysia to apply for a non immigrant o visa? by then i will have my letter of invitation for the thai government along with my teaching credentials as a volunteer. does anyone think i'll have a chance? thanks! :o

Don't forget the Police Clearance Certificate. That's a must for teachers.

I went to the police station near where I lived and asked for the Police clearance Certificate and they had no idea what I was talking about, I even explained it was for getting jobs overseas and they still were confused. Is there a different name to request it by and a different place I should get it from? I'm a US citizen.

If i enter thailand on a visa on arrival 30-day visa, will it be possible to go to Laos or malaysia to apply for a non immigrant o visa?

Yes, but I strongly recommend that you get at least a tourist visa before you fly to Thailand because

1. the airline may not let you board unless you have an onward ticket out of Thailand within 30 days from your arrival;

2. if after your arrival in Thailand you get the necessary documentation without too much delay, you can apply at an immigration office in Thailand for a change of visa status to non-immigrant, get your work permit, and then apply for an annual extension of stay;

3. if you need additional time to get all the documents (entry on a tourist visa gives you permission to stay 60 days) you can apply at an immigration office for a 30-day extension.

--

Maestro

I went to the police station near where I lived and asked for the Police clearance Certificate and they had no idea what I was talking about, I even explained it was for getting jobs overseas and they still were confused. Is there a different name to request it by and a different place I should get it from? I'm a US citizen.

Currently US consulates are asking for an FBI clearance. There is a standard application and procedure explained on the FBI web site. It took me 6 weeks to get one from them.