Cheapskates Christmas Dinner

Ulysses G.

I eat Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner at several places every year (on different days), but in all honesty, Bake and Bite Chang Klan Road branch has the best tasting turkey dinners - by far - and is much less expensive than other places.

They also will deliver to your home.

PM me for Gai's phone number.

I also go to the Duke's or Holiday Inn for prime beef and a much bigger selection of salads and deserts, but if all you want is a delicious basic holiday dinner for a low price, Bake and Bite can't be beat! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

siam-i-am, how right you are, don't have to wait 'till Thanksgiving or Christmas to get a great roast, every Sunday at the Pub you have the choice of lamb, beef or pork, even a bit of all 3 if your appetite allows. Lately, roast turkey is often an addition on the menu. And ooohhh those roast potatoes and yorkshire puddings!! I was looking around the CM area for a BIG early breakfast last week and ended up at the Pub, unbelievable! Any time after 7am and all day, well worth the early rise. Gud on yer Grahame, you're a life saver. And now great, cheap bungalow accomodation... just doesn't get any better! Check it out at thepubchiangmai dot com.

YOS

I eat Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner at several places every year (on different days), but in all honesty, Bake and Bite Chang Klan Road branch has the best tasting turkey dinners - by far - and is much less expensive than other places.

I also go to the Duke's or Holiday Inn for prime beef and a much bigger selection of salads and deserts, but if all you want is a delicious basic holiday dinner for a low price, Bake and Bite can't be beat! :o

Where exactly is Bake and Bite?

The Main Branch is on Chang Klan Road near the Sri Don Chai intersection across from Georgios Italian. They serve the dinners there fresh or deliver to their other branches near Thapae Gate and on Nimanheiman Road.

I posted this because the taste is MUCH better than the roasts at the other restaurants mentioned here - In My Humble Opinon - or anywhere else in CM that I have tried and they don't give me anything free other than some excellent pumpkin pie to go along with dinner.

The Main Branch is on Chang Klan Road near the Sri Don Chai intersection across from Georgios Italian. They serve the dinners there fresh or deliver to their other branches near Thapae Gate and on Nimanheiman Road.

I posted this because the taste is MUCH better than the roasts at the other restaurants mentioned here - In My Humble Opinon - or anywhere else in CM that I have tried and they don't give me anything free other than some excellent pumpkin pie to go along with dinner.

And if you wish to cook your own turkey, where is the best place to buy a good (non-freezer burned) turkey for the least amount, Makro?

• 1 month later...

do they do all the trimmings to deliver as well? what about potatoes and vegetables and gravy and those sausages wrapped in bacon... will they deliver them as well, or is it just the turkey??

cheers mate

do they do all the trimmings to deliver as well? what about potatoes and vegetables and gravy and those sausages wrapped in bacon... will they deliver them as well, or is it just the turkey??

Yes, Bake and Bite do all the trimmings and the mash potatoes and giblet gravy, hot parkerhouse rolls, turkey stuffing and vegetables are THE BEST I have tasted in Chiang Mai (I don't think that they have sausages wrapped in bacon however). They also do a lot of special holiday deserts such as homemade fruitcake, pecan pie, christmas cookies, pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake, etc., that you have to order in advance as well as cooked hams, lamb and other meats. :o

Gai's phone number at the Night Bazzar (main) branch: 053 820 761

Edited by Ulysses G.

I agree with you 98% :D

Last year, on her delivery to me, she forgot to add their great stuffing :D

I've used them for the last 4 years. Everything they have is delicious :o

We've booked to eat at the Nimanheiman Rd branch next week but I wonder if this is a good plan since, if I understand your post correctly, they've got to bus it in from downtown. Anyone done a comparison?

I'm not sure about that as the Nimanheiman Rd branch is quite good sized. I know that they deliver many things to the Thapae branch because it is too small for a big kitchen, but I am guessing that they might cook at Nimanheiman as well. :o

Think I'll check that out. Don't think I fancy the idea of the Yuletide Feast being carted across town - it gives me flashbacks to the Fawlty Towers "Gourmet Evening" episode.

I have them deliver to me at my place almost every holiday and it is still quite good when I get it, but I would guess that with the restauraunt facilities available at their branches they could make it taste pretty much like they cooked it there, which they very well might anyway. :o

I think that the holiday roast turkey dinner with all the trimmings - mash potatoes and giblet gravy, hot parkerhouse rolls, turkey stuffing and vegetables - is 320 baht. I don't know if there is a delivery fee because I usually pick mine up at their small Thapae outlet near my home which has no delivery fee.

They also have lamb and ham and other dinners, but I don't know the cost. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

How much does it cost per person for delivery for the Christmas Meal?

Ate breakfast there this morning and took a Xmas flyer. The prices listed for delivery weren't for a complete meal, but rather by item.

Roast turkey with stuffing and gravy 320 baht/kg, lamb 600 baht/kg, ham 280/kg

Mashed potatoes and vegetables 70 baht/person

Baked sweet potatoes w/ pecan streusel 260 baht/6 servings

Dinner rolls 40 baht/10 pcs

and different kinds of pies at various prices.

Thanks for the info Ulysses. Where is the Thapae branch? Is it on the Thapae books side of the street or John's place side? Should I make a reservation now? Thanks!

-Damian

If you head to Thapae Gate on the street OUTSIDE the moat (Kotchasan Road), pass Art Cafe, pass the empty Suriwong Plaza and immediately turn left on soi 1 (before you reach Aroon Rai restauraunt or Spotlight Go-Go Bar). It is about 10 meters down the soi past a small bookstore.

I would wait until very close to Christmas to make a reservation, so they don't forget! :o