Finally - A Sacking !

scousemouse

Well it's happened and another one we all saw coming :D .

A bit harsh on Jol in my opinion , should have gave him until christmas at least :D ....... it's tough at the top :D

Who's next in the hot seat for spurs :o:D :

Jol sacked as Tottenham manager

Tottenham Hotspur confirmed the sacking of manager Martin Jol following the club's Uefa Cup defeat by Getafe.

Reports swept around White Hart Lane during the match that Jol would be leaving but his departure was not confirmed until later on Thursday.

"I shall never forget the Spurs fans," Jol said in a statement released by the club, which also sacked the Dutchman's assistant Chris Hughton.

Clive Allen will manage the team for Sunday's game with Blackburn.

Former Spurs player Allen is the club's development coach and he will be helped to prepare for the game by youth team manager Alex Inglethorpe.

"For me, Martin and Chris' departure is regrettable," said chairman Daniel Levy.

o.gif

"Our greatest wish was to see results turn in our favour and for there to be no need for change."

Sevilla coach Juande Ramos has reportedly agreed to become Spurs' new manager at the start of next season.

It was claimed Spurs met Ramos in August with a "dizzying" offer to replace the 51-year-old Jol at White Hart Lane.

But with Sevilla in the Champions League Ramos opted to see out his contract with the Spanish club which expires next summer.

Ramos is regarded as one of the most promising coaches in European football after guiding Sevilla to back-to-back Uefa Cup titles.

Sevilla beat Spurs on the way to their success in last season's Uefa Cup, while Ramos also led his side to third in La Liga and victory in the Copa del Rey - Spain's top domestic cup competition.

o.gif

The Times newspaper also reported Gus Poyet, the former Tottenham and Chelsea midfield player, has been approached to become the assistant manager.

During the defeat to Getafe in a Group G game Spurs fans gave vocal support to the Dutchman, singing "Stand up for Martin Jol".

Jol took charge of Spurs in November 2004, replacing the unpopular Frenchman Jacques Santini, and under him the club twice qualified for the Uefa Cup.

Having recruited the likes of Darren Bent, who cost £16.5m, Gareth Bale and French defender Younes Kaboul during the summer, Tottenham had high hopes of challenging for a Champions League place.

But Spurs suffered a disastrous start, recording just one victory - the 4-0 win over Derby in August - in 10 league games and since the reported meeting with Ramos, Jol has faced constant questioning over his future.

Jol's agent is currently in Brazil and was unavailable for comment late on Thursday as regards the terms of the Dutchman's severance package.

"Given what he did last season I don't think he will have a problem finding a new job," said Getafe boss Michael Laudrup after his side's win. Jol has been linked with Dutch club Ajax who are without a permanent coach following Henk Ten Cate's departure to Chelsea.

I think Ajax is in the pipeline for Jol , and good luck :D .

Regarding spurs next manager though , I reckon Ramos will start next season so that means they won't be appointing anyone major.

So who can ( and who would want to ) do a good enough job as " temporary " manger for the yids between now and the end of the season ?????

Terry Venables maybe :o:D:D .

Regarding spurs next manager though , I reckon Ramos will start next season so that means they won't be appointing anyone major.

So who can ( and who would want to ) do a good enough job as " temporary " manger for the yids between now and the end of the season ?????

Terry Venables, love him to death but I must say he is looking very old these days and can't see getting any job unless its just for a short caretaker period.

As for Jol, results and table position say it all, nice bloke he may be but away he must go.

They need somebody who's going to keep them in the Premiership so while they may not want to go for somebody high profile if Ramos is lined up for next year, they have to be careful. Personally I think Venebles is well past his sell-by date but he may fit the bill as a stop-gap.

I guess if one is sacked, you can then go and manage any other club anywhere.

Where as if it's by mutual agreement there may be a clause about where you can work next. So would Martin Jol be able to go and manage Liverpool for instance ? :o

I guess if one is sacked, you can then go and manage any other club anywhere.

Where as if it's by mutual agreement there may be a clause about where you can work next. So would Martin Jol be able to go and manage Liverpool for instance ? :o

He could Ken......but he'd need an interpretor up there :D

Still, a 4ml pay-off might cushion the blow a bit. :o

I wonder if Snr.Ramos might not tread water a while to see if a bigger PL job becomes vacant (no, Spuds aren't a big team despite what they think :D ).

Chelsea, Liverpool ?

Oh I think Spurs can claim to be a big team , the fact that they have won more trophies than most teams outside the top 4, well actually more than Chelsea, and the fact they are on the list below pretty much underlines those credentials.

Top 20 richest football clubs in 2005/06

1 Real Madrid 292.2 million euros

2 Barcelona 259.1

3 Juventus 251.2

4 Manchester United 242.6

5 AC Milan 238.7

6 Chelsea 221.0

7 Inter Milan 206.6

8 Bayern Munich 204.7

9 Arsenal 192.4

10 Liverpool 176.0

11 Olympique Lyon 127.7

12 AS Roma 127.0

13 Newcastle United 124.3

14 Schalke 04 122.9

15 Tottenham Hotspur 107.2

:D

Well it's happened and another one we all saw coming :D .

A bit harsh on Jol in my opinion , should have gave him until christmas at least :D ....... it's tough at the top :bah:

Who's next in the hot seat for spurs :o:D :

Tough at the top? If it was, then he wouldn't have got the boot. :D

The bookies are no longer taking bets on who is going to be the next manager as Ramos is apparently a done deal starting next year :D .

Question is who is going to be the stop gap ???? :o:D .

I suggested Terry Venables earlier but seen as though it looks like spurs are getting Gus Poyet in to be Ramos assistant manager then I think maybe he'll come in early and do the job with Clive Allen 'till Ramos arrives :D .

It seems now that Ramos will be coming sooner rather than later :o .

I've just been reading reports that he'll be joning the club next week. I thought he wanted to stay with Sevilla untill they got knocked out of the champions league.

The spurs boys must be giving him a lot of baht :D:D .

And here he is , the worst kept secret in football :o :

Ramos quits Sevilla to join Spurs

Juande Ramos has resigned as Sevilla coach and seems set to become Tottenham manager following Martin Jol's sacking.

Without mentioning Tottenham by name, the 53-year-old Ramos told his personal website: "For my family and career it is impossible not to leave for London."

Spanish football journalist Graham Hunter told BBC Radio 5 Live: "Spurs are on the verge of getting their man." According to reports in Spain, Ramos has agreed a four-year deal and is expected to join Spurs on Monday

Newspaper reports suggest Ramos will be paid up to £6m a year by Spurs.

Tottenham also face a pay-off to Jol and a compensation package for Sevilla.

Ramos led Sevilla to the Uefa Cup title in each of the last two seasons and into the Champions League for the first time after they finished a close third behind Real Madrid and Barcelona last year.

"This has been the hardest decision of my life," he said. "My time at Sevilla has been the most important period of my life personally and professionally. I will be eternally grateful."

o.gif

Sevilla's physical trainer Marcos Alvarez has also tendered his resignation.

Ramos' contract with Sevilla had been due to expire at the end of this season.

Sevilla released a statement that read: "The now ex-Sevilla coach declined the possibility of giving a press conference at the club's training facilities.

"He has chosen his website www.juanderamos.com as a means of saying goodbye to Sevilla."

Manolo Jimenez has been promoted from youth team coach to replace Ramos unitl the end of the season.

o.gifRAMOS FACTFILE Full name:

Juan de la Cruz Ramos CanoAge: 53Managerial career:

Alcoyano (1993-94)

Levante (1994-95)

Logrones (1995-96)

Barcelona B (1996-97)

Lleida (1997-98)

Real Vallecano (1998-01)

Real Betis (2001-02)

Espanyol (2002)

Malaga (2003-04)

Sevilla (2005- )Trophies: Uefa Cup (2005, 2006)

Super Cup (2006)

Copa del Rey (2007)

Spanish Supercopa (2007)

It is thought that Ramos wants to install Leeds assistant boss Gus Poyet as his assistant boss at Tottenham but the Uruguayan insists he has not been approached.

The former Uruguay international, who played for Tottenham between 2001 and 2004 told BBC Sport earlier on Friday: "Everybody is calling me and sending me texts about it but I don't know anything. I haven't spoken to anyone.

"I don't know if something has gone on between the clubs. I don't have a clue."

Leeds said they had not received an approach from Spurs for Poyet - and would not welcome one.

However, the club later revealed Poyet has been asked to stay away from Elland Road for the League One game against Millwall on Saturday.

BBC Sport understands the Spurs board made the decision to sack Jol before the 2-1 defeat to Getafe on Thursday but decided not to inform the Dutchman until after the game.

o.gif

However, rumours about Jol's imminent departure spread around the ground during the match. Jol said goodbye to Tottenham's players at the club's training ground on Friday and assistant Chris Hughton and the club's goalkeeping coach Hans Segers have also been dismissed.

I suggested Terry Venables earlier but seen as though it looks like spurs are getting Gus Poyet in to be Ramos assistant manager then I think maybe he'll come in early and do the job with Clive Allen 'till Ramos arrives :o .

[/quote)

Well "Mad Dog" Allen is available right now.....Clive's cousin..the "Allen" family have been in football since 1958!!

I remember watching Les Allen playing centre forward for QPR in the '60's and that was after his heyday as a member of the first "Double" winning team of Spurs in 1960

Well I heard Ramos is on 6 million squid a year :D .

But will he still be paid that if Spurs are in the championship :o:D .

One can only hope that they are playing in the Championship next season. :D

And as he was at White Hart Lane looking awkward sitting next to Levy ( well , can't blame him , he can't speak english :bah: ) and watching Spurs suffer a defeat against Blackburn , his old team Sevilla ( who are doing well in the champions league ) won their la liga match 3-0 :bah: .

I hope the money is worth it Ramos :D .

We will prevail , I expect a top 6 is still within reach, and we will qualify from the group stages of UEFA.

I'm even willing to put money on it - any takers ?

:D

I'd love to, but as an ardent Methodist; gambling, drinking and phillandaring are all strictly a no no. :o