Get I Get Visa For Vietnam In Bkk?

Hey guys,

hoping someone might know this -- I'm travelling to Vietnam. I need a tourist visa, and it seems horribly complicated to get one here in Canada. For the love of me I can't seem to figure out what the Embassy wants here in Canada. So I was thinking it would be a good excuse to pass by BKK on my way there, if the visa was simple to get in BKK.

AFAIK, they don't have visa on arrival for Canadians.

How hard is it to get a tourist visa to Vietnam in BKK -- what would I need to do, exactly? How much does it cost? How long does it take?

thanks for any info!

Hey guys,

hoping someone might know this -- I'm travelling to Vietnam. I need a tourist visa, and it seems horribly complicated to get one here in Canada. For the love of me I can't seem to figure out what the Embassy wants here in Canada. So I was thinking it would be a good excuse to pass by BKK on my way there, if the visa was simple to get in BKK.

AFAIK, they don't have visa on arrival for Canadians.

How hard is it to get a tourist visa to Vietnam in BKK -- what would I need to do, exactly? How much does it cost? How long does it take?

thanks for any info!

Easy as pie. I have gotten 4-5 visas that way. The Vietnamese embassy is on Wireless Road, not too far from the US embassy. Kind of halfway between the BTS and US embassy. On the same side of the road. It does not have a very big sign and only has a small door that you enter, so don't miss it. First time I was there, I walked right past it.

You only need to fill out the form at the embassy, give them your passport, picture and money. If you do it in the morning, you can request to expedite it and get your passport back after 4pm the same day. Otherwise, you get your passport back the next day. I cant remember exactly how much it is, but I expedite mine and I seem to remember that it was around 2000 baht.

The same day service is 3000 baht if you're in a hurry. The embassy is very efficient. They open promptly at 8:30 am as advertised, and you can pick up your visa at 4 pm. When I was there last month there were very few customers and no waiting. Compared to other visas I've obtained in Bangkok (such as Myanmar) it was incredibly easy. You can download the application form from the embassy website. You only need 1 photo and 1 copy of the form.

Or you can go to www.stayinvietnam.com and use their online service to obtain a letter to show at the 'visa on arrival' desk at either Hanoi or Saigon airport. Secure website for paying by cc. Then you can enjoy your 48-hours in Bangkok without having to bother with the VN embassy here.

I have used them 3 times, no hassles and they are also good for sorting out your domestic VN travel plans, flights, hotels, etc..

Or you can go to www.stayinvietnam.com and use their online service to obtain a letter to show at the 'visa on arrival' desk at either Hanoi or Saigon airport. Secure website for paying by cc. Then you can enjoy your 48-hours in Bangkok without having to bother with the VN embassy here.

I have used them 3 times, no hassles and they are also good for sorting out your domestic VN travel plans, flights, hotels, etc..

So the immigration desk at the airport will always recognize the letter from www.stayinvietnam (at least in your experience)?

I looked into services like this, and I was worried that immigration might not recognize this type of letter, especially if I arrive at some ungodly hour of the night.

So the immigration desk at the airport will always recognize the letter from www.stayinvietnam (at least in your experience)?

I looked into services like this, and I was worried that immigration might not recognize this type of letter, especially if I arrive at some ungodly hour of the night.

The letter you get is actually from the VN Immigration Department, permitting you to collect the visa on arrival. Stayinvietnam do the application internally for you, receive the letter from the Immigration Dept, convert to a pdf file and email it to you. 100% safe and guaranteed. If you want, I can send you a sample, all official, in Vietnamese & English, chopped and signed.

If you chose to use them, ask for Mr Bui Anh Phong, he has handled all my applications and I have met with him personally. Very obliging and efficient young chap.

The letter you get is actually from the VN Immigration Department, permitting you to collect the visa on arrival. Stayinvietnam do the application internally for you, receive the letter from the Immigration Dept, convert to a pdf file and email it to you. 100% safe and guaranteed. If you want, I can send you a sample, all official, in Vietnamese & English, chopped and signed.

If you chose to use them, ask for Mr Bui Anh Phong, he has handled all my applications and I have met with him personally. Very obliging and efficient young chap.

Sorry, I just saw this reply now. It seems like I am BKK bound now anyways, so I will just go to the embassy in BKK and get it there, but this info is great to have for next time. Thanks a bunch for the info! :-)