Could Any1 Recommend A Bike Modification Workshop?

voyager

hello, i'm a malaysian living in kuala lumpur, malaysia ... i currently ride a kr 150 cyclone (kwak) bike ... and i want to convert the fairing to either a honda nsr or a custom fibre fairing ... the choices here in kl are quite limited and expensive ... could anyone here recommend me a good workshop in thailand?? maybe somewhere in haatyai, bangkok or phuket ....

hello, i'm a malaysian living in kuala lumpur, malaysia ... i currently ride a kr 150 cyclone (kwak) bike ... and i want to convert the fairing to either a honda nsr or a custom fibre fairing ... the choices here in kl are quite limited and expensive ... could anyone here recommend me a good workshop in thailand?? maybe somewhere in haatyai, bangkok or phuket ....

Peter Wirth is the Man in the South..He's been a southern biker for many years, and has great contacts throughout the South... [email protected]

In Hat Yai there are a couple of good shops that do work. Siri Racing is a big shop with a good parts supply and reliable service. They work on big bikes or small bikes and their prices are reasonable. They also do custom work. They might even have a bike for rent, but only on a case by case basis. Their phone number is (074) 233 484

The other shop is called Southern Big Bike. My friend Peter has had some problems with these guys, but I had good luck with them. I have found them to be the best resource for hard to find parts and they also do well in gerry-rigging as a last alternative and do great custom fiberglass work. The guys are pretty wild, all ride choppers and love Bob Marley, but then so did I...maybe that's why we got along. They never overcharged me and in fact, because they knew I was a poor university teacher, have actually under-charged me most of the time. I happen to like them, but they may not be your cup of tea. Their phone number is (handphone) 01-608-5758, and they're located at 2 Rajuthit Rd. in Hat Yai. They don't speak English at all....Unless it's a BobMarley tune :o

In Phuket, I think Big Jims is still in business at Patong Beach, but I don't have any contact info. A great place to find rare parts for old big bikes, and they also do custom work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I lived in Phuket for sometime and used a bike for getting around. I found that the most reliable expatriate bike expert was a Scottish chap by the name of Scottie. He can be found at his Restaurant 'Somtam and Sandwiches' which is on the Chalong road heading towards Rawai, he also runs a work-shop there, he deals mainly with big bikes. He should be able to help, you can't miss him, very pleasant guy with one leg missing.