Are There Songs You Play Over And Over

lazeeboy

Yes, for sure. At first, I thought my sister was a bit weird. She puts on Bob Seger's "Roll Me Away," hits the repeat button, and can listen to it for an hour while she's driving around. Me, too, along with X-Japan "Tears," several songs by Guns N Roses, some Tom Petty songs. Probably I listen to the same 100 songs most of the time. I need to get a copy of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" from the concert for Bangladesh. Good remains good; the song remains the same.

If at home sitting in front of computer, "La vie en rose" by Edith Piaf.

If driving a very long distance, any boybands esp. Westlife :o A very good reason for this, they're easy to sing along, they're fun to laugh at, and that will keep me awake behind the wheel :D

If I were to pick a single song that I have probably played the most it would be "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin. For relaxation, often play Enya (suspect will get some comments about that choice). :o

In nigh on 60 years listening to music, a single song is dam_n near impossible to pick.

A singer, Burl Ives, easy listening, near perfect diction and such happy songs, all singalong with.

A group, The Seekers (originals) win hands down. With Judith Durham, and the boys, they were great.

Will give serious thought on a single.

Edited by Zpete

I like modern stuff, Peter Paul and Mary, The Seekers, Bob Dylans, Bing Crosby, Frankie, Mario Lanza....... have 6 Cd changer in car, only change discs for Xmas.

I have to ask Zpete, what do you listen to at Xmas that warrants a change from your "modern" stuff?

I like modern stuff, Peter Paul and Mary, The Seekers, Bob Dylans, Bing Crosby, Frankie, Mario Lanza....... have 6 Cd changer in car, only change discs for Xmas.

I have to ask Zpete, what do you listen to at Xmas that warrants a change from your "modern" stuff?

White Christmas..Bing Crosby, possibly biggest ever selling Xmas song..... LOL, still enjoy it.

Top selling Xmas pop song, "SNOOPY'S CHRISTMAS"...Royal Guardsmen..... Fab.

I normally have a selection of 60's tracks in the pick-up - about 300 tracks spread over 2 CDs. But just recently I got all the Beatles LPs in mp3 format, so I made a new CD with them on it, plus the Beach Boys "Pet Sounds".

I had this one stretch of a few weeks where I listened to the Miles Davis/Gil Evans album "Porgy and Bess" (Greshwin) over and over and over again.

Weird, it was like a compulsion or something. I got so I could hear it playing in my head when I was working out at the pool and during work.

Sometimes I find a song I like and just want to hear it alot. Latest one of those the other day was Sade "By Your Side".

Aerosmith - I don't want to miss a thing, I can always spare time to listen to that.

A song that always bring's a tear to my eye is Forever Young - Bob Dylan, the words are beautiful and it reminds me how much I miss my children back in the UK.

Jersey Girl - Tom Waits

Hungry Heart - Bruce Springsteen

To name just a few

Too many to list. All depends on my mood but MrBoJangles, Robbie Williams version, is always a must :D

I was listening to it the day i joined TV and had to think of a nic :o

Who plays OVER and OVER...... LOL

"Over and Over" may refer to:

Couldn't resist Googling it..... hahaha

Carabou's music.

Some of their songs always make me smile and realise how lucky I am to live here.

Going home late at night in a Tuk Tuk and trying to sing one of their songs always gets attention if you stop at traffic lights in town.

You get some great Thai Smiles from the girls on Motorcys.....in England I would get a smack in the mouth !

are there songs from yester years you play over and over ?

i seem to always play motown music in the car ,for me the 60s and 70s motown music was great ,

what do you listen to?

Oh yes! It has to be the one-and-only, the incomparable, the sweet Kate Bush 'Running Up That Hill' played at a LOUD volume setting! I can listen to here over and over; cant get enough of her. Why did she EVER retire? Shame, real shame :o

I think I'll go play her again now :D

I almost too ashamed to admit it, but i can't stop listening to Keane - weird, eh?

Eh, the OP stated 'music from yester-year'. I dont think Keane quite qualifies; they are more like from yesterday!. BUT I do agree wtih you mate, Keane ARE magic; the lead singers has an AMAZING voice. Good old Middlesex lads :o