Minimum Connecting Time

sutnyod

Would depend on whether you are arriving/departing from same terminal (KLIA and/or LCCT). There's a fair connection time factor if you are arriving at one and departing from the other.

Different ones. Terminal M and terminal 2. Have not been to the new airport in KL, therefore have no idea... :o

:o

...the minimum recommended time to be allowed between arrival and departure?

I know what MCT means.. but does everybody know that as per your question/statement?!

Sorry.. I think I was just freaked out by your avatar as well... I was in stitches!

Edited by enyaw

Would depend on whether you are arriving/departing from same terminal (KLIA and/or LCCT). There's a fair connection time factor if you are arriving at one and departing from the other.

Different ones. Terminal M and terminal 2. Have not been to the new airport in KL, therefore have no idea... :o

Sorry, mai khaw chai.

At KL there is the main terminal (KLIA) split between the landside terminal and the satellite terminal, I've can't recall any designations such as "M" or "2" but that's not to say they don't exist. The main terminal is used by scheduled national and international carriers and there is a very frequent skytrain between the two parts of the terminal. Then there is the LCCT (Low Cost Carrier Terminal) used by, not surprisingly, the low cost carriers like AirAsia.

Then it depends if you are entering Malaysia or merely in transit. There are transfer desks at KLIA enabling you to make an international connection swiftly. But AFAIK there is no such facility at LCCT therefore you have to pass through immigration.

Further you have to consider if you are travelling with checked in luggage. Then it's best to contact the airline(s) as previously advised.

If you are arriving at KLIA and departing from LCCT, or vice versa, you have to factor in transfer time. I've never done it but am led to believe it's a 20km bus journeyso again I'd ask the airlines.

Personally I never like to have anything less than two hours between flights but then I am paranoid about travelling and missing planes, trains, busses etc. I'd rather have an hour to kill than be pooping myself on a tight connection. An hour I can kill no prob, three beers and a newspaper is all it takes. :D