Servicing Yamaha Nouvo In Pattaya

CHdiver

My Nouvo has reached 15'000 km without any Problem. I took it every 3000 km in for a Service (Watchara Marine); but as this is Thailand, they never did much more then changing the Oil. I am not sure if they even touched the Oilfilter or changed the spark plug. Never paid more then 130 Baht or so, somethimes even less.

I think it's time to give my Scooter a real proper Service; incl. changing of the brake oil and so on. But where can I get that here in Pattaya?

I think it's time to give my Scooter a real proper Service; incl. changing of the brake oil and so on. But where can I get that here in Pattaya?

I bought both my Nouvo and the Fino for my gf at a Yamaha dealership at Central Road and Sukamvit on the North side of Central Pattaya Road and experienced good service there. But I now live in Naklua on Wongamat Beach and find it more convenient to get the bikes serviced at a Honda dealership on the West side of Naklua Road between Soi 18 and Soi 16. This Honda dealership offers simply outstanding service.

I bought both my Nouvo and the Fino for my gf at a Yamaha dealership at Central Road and Sukamvit on the North side of Central Pattaya Road and experienced good service there. But I now live in Naklua on Wongamat Beach and find it more convenient to get the bikes serviced at a Honda dealership on the West side of Naklua Road between Soi 18 and Soi 16. This Honda dealership offers simply outstanding service.

Thank's jackcorbett; That's Watchara Marine. I got my Nouvo from there too. I watched them closely the last two times they made the Service and it's not much more then changing Oil, pumping up the tyres to a insane pressure and adjust the back brake. Work is done in 15 minutes. The check list in the owner manual is much longer with things to do. Proper made; a Service should need a bit more time. But my Thai is as bad as there english. So that doesn't help much.

I look for a realy good mechanic, if Thai or Foreigner doesn't realy matter. But it has to be one who realy know what he has to do. And I am ready to pay more then the usual 130 Baht.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like you and I are in the same boat or at least I will soon be. Have you tried that Honda Dealership I mentioned? The one in Naklua. So far I've just done oil changes here and the like. But perhaps you could bring in your service manual and point at the right page, say the 10,000 km check that outlines what needs to be done in Thai and this shop will actually follow the books outlined program.

So you haven't even had as much as a new belt put in the transmission? I checked at the Honda shop and the recommendation is to change it only at something like 23,000 kilometers. They also gave me a price (for a Honda belt...Airblade) and it was dirt cheap.

• 2 weeks later...
It looks like you and I are in the same boat or at least I will soon be. Have you tried that Honda Dealership I mentioned? The one in Naklua. So far I've just done oil changes here and the like. But perhaps you could bring in your service manual and point at the right page, say the 10,000 km check that outlines what needs to be done in Thai and this shop will actually follow the books outlined program.

So you haven't even had as much as a new belt put in the transmission? I checked at the Honda shop and the recommendation is to change it only at something like 23,000 kilometers. They also gave me a price (for a Honda belt...Airblade) and it was dirt cheap.

I took a rented Honda Phantom to the Yamaha dealer on Theprasit Road (north side about 2/3 of the way from Thepraya to Sukhumvit). Had some engine noise and wanted it checked out before I took it out of town. Anyway, the mechanic there fixed it up. I used to work on my own bikes eons ago so I can usually tell if a guy knows what he's doing or not. This one seemed quite competent. If I buy I bike I'll be going to him I'm sure. Like I said, it's a Yamaha dealer, so I assume they can help with your Nouvo. Just a data point; hope it helps. BTW, I usually rent a Nouvo MX. Great bike.