Your Thai Wife

dee123

just wondered?....would she give up eating somtam and ballaat if you were allergic for instance?

This has the feel of a 'flame' from a lady TV member! Sorry, dee123 is a bloke, so I'll withdraw this statement !

Edited by YangYaiEric

just wondered?....would she give up eating somtam and ballaat if you were allergic for instance?

No; I have a Friend who is allergic with sea food; she still eat somtam ballaa from time to time; just to suffer the next two days with some skin problems. But she has a cream to help against the symptoms; that's ok then for her.

it's not about love, thailand, nationalism or not loving a partner - it's about eating habits. Until your spouse doesn't force you to eat her favourites or you insist on her eating haggis, burgers, pizza or potato fried in the lard.

we like to eat what we find tasty or healthy or reasonably priced - eating thai food in thailand is obvious, it's plentiful, fresh and cheap. Even abroad, if shopped carefully for the ingredients and prepared by yourself is a first fare foods.

who said thai do not kiss? my partner is the best kisser - and we eat pla raa all day round

My wife let if be clearly understood to me after we moved from the US she would never go back to the US.

So there is the answer.... I am pretty much stuck. She says, make the best of it. She is fluent in English, has a MS from Univ of Texas. We were wealthy in the US, we are wealthy in Thailand too (Thai standards that is). But she says she will never leave her family. Mommy first, her family next... me down at the bottom. We do not even sleep together any more. Sex.... oh that is just a distant memory now.

Why do I stay.... 50% of my net worth, all acumulated by me, & my son, keeps me here. I have found other things to occupy me, fill the voids so to speak. I work long hours, work on projects etc.

So I guess in a nut shell, I make the best of it. It is my lot in life I guess.

Dakhar, that's a bit sad, but I am not too depressed for you.

I am not involved with a child, but can understand the important place a child occupies, as I adore them, in the purest, the very best sense. Their uninhibited joy in the experience of living and wonderment with the world are marvellous to behold. Innocence is a wondrous thing, both in kids and young animals. It's a gift, to us, from god.

You have a connection to life. A meaning to your existence. A reason to remain alive. You are a lucky man.

I ain't no philosopher - forget that crap mate. You exist, your child exists, by your side, loving you, needing you. You have a reason to live. Simply, I envy you. Be grateful, lest you lose it.