What Are These For?

danfred

Snapped this while driving the ring road around Roi Et. I'm curious where they are going and what they plan to do with the payload. I was actually forbidden to take this photo, but I insisted I wouldn't show it to anyone Thai.

post-40043-1194977705_thumb.jpg

Edited by danfred

They look like Elephant skulls to me. Hope theres nothing sinister going on there. :o

Hmm may be not, just had a look at some Elephant skulls and they don't match :D

Not sure what they are but they look like skulls from something??

Edited by Rj 81

They look like Elephant skulls to me. Hope theres nothing sinister going on there. :o

Hmm may be not, just had a look at some Elephant skulls and they don't match :D

Not sure what they are but they look like skulls from something??

I think they are Handle-bar covers for a Honda Wave, minus the Headlight and Indicators, cos as we all know, they are never used over here in Thailand :D:D

:D

Snapped this while driving the ring road around Roi Et. I'm curious where they are going and what they plan to do with the payload. I was actually forbidden to take this photo, but I insisted I wouldn't show it to anyone Thai.

Plenty of Thais r on Thaivisa - easy for them to see this, whatever it is.

Can't see how they could forbid you as you was driving behind them, but I have no idea what it is, hints?

No hints to give, I have no idea what they are myself. water buffalo perhaps? Aside from what they are what do you think is their most likely use? gelatin, glue, fertilizer?

I just read on wikipedia that "bone char" is often used in sugar refining for decolorization and given the popularity of sugar production here I want to think this is the most likely use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone_char

In any case I guess I shouldn't be shocked at seeing this... goods like this probably get trucked around the West too but we never know it as everything is concealed in a semi-trailer or boxcar. It's interesting how sheltered a life one lives in the West in some ways... so much infrastructure and industry is out of site out of mind and here in Thailand everything is right out in the open for all to see.

edited for spelling

Edited by danfred

Look more like pelvis bones to me (cattle or kwai I guess)

Look more like pelvis bones to me (cattle or kwai I guess)

If you zoom in to 400%, it says on drivers door KFC HOME DELIVERY - PHONE 1122

:o

In any case I guess I shouldn't be shocked at seeing this... goods like this probably get trucked around the West too but we never know it as everything is concealed in a semi-trailer or boxcar. It's interesting how sheltered a life one lives in the West in some ways... so much infrastructure and industry is out of site out of mind and here in Thailand everything is right out in the open for all to see.

There was a news story out of Texas recently where a truck got pulled over for speeding. When the cop checked the back he found it was full of human heads. Turns out they were donated to science and all legit but that must have scared the hel_l out of the cop.