Wants To Buy A New Honda Car, Are New Models Coming Soon ?

North

Hi all,

I am ready to buy a new car. I have had a look at Honda Jazz and Civic and wil decide soon which one to buy.

But I have heard a rumour that there will be a new Jazz coming in a few months, it is supposed to become a little bigger than the present model, does anyone know ?

How about the Civic, does anyone know, if a new model is on the way ?

The local Honda dealer gave me an offer on the Civic 1.8 E AT (AS):

car price: 947,000 baht

discount 10,000 baht

free 1. class insurance for one year.

Honda pay the registration costs (I think it is approx. 3,800 baht)

free window film

free back sensors.

and a few more small extras, I don´t recall.

What do you think, is it a good deal and for whom ? :o

North

The new Jazz due in March 08 with the Vitec engine is to be E-20 compatible.

Given the governments ill thought through ethanol fuel policy, you may want to think of waiting so that you can buy a car that can use E-20.

If that will be the most new about the "new" Jazz then I probably will not wait. I don´t really believe in this E-20 strategy. There must be a better way forward than to grow the fuel in the fields.

North

Jazz looks really long in the tooth now. I'm always surprised when i see a red plate Jazz on the streets these days that people are still buying them - maybe the discounts/freebies are good. The Civic on the other hand is pretty new and fresh - i can't imagine them replacing it for several years.

I have just been told by a Honda dealer, that the Civic 1,8 E AT (AS) is being updated to give a more economical engine, which is meant for running on E-20 fuel as well as 91 octane.

What do you think, would you wait for this model, it´s a bit more expensive, or just buy one now, that does not run on E-20 ?

Will a car that is able to run on E-20 fuel have a bigger resale value than one which is not able to do so ?

Are there any disadvantages to running on E-20 fuel ?

Personally I don´t even know the price of E-20 fuel, does anyone know ?

And can you get that kind of fuel everywhere ?

North

What do you think, is it a good deal and for whom ? :o

North

Sounds pretty good. I got nearly the same offer in Chiangmai but they wouldn't throw in the free insurance. :D

I'm waiting now for next year to buy. If you are going to keep the car a long time, then buying now is not an issue. However, if keeping it shorter then you have to realize buying now the car will be considered nearly 1 year old already even if coming right off the show room floor.

I understand the new jazz will have 10 more HP, in the vtec model. If you are not too tall, and don't drive great distances, it might be worth considering. Looking at the used ones for sale online they seem to hold their value pretty well as well.

If the new civic is (truly) e-20 compatible it might be well work considering. You might also want to consider the 2.0 model, as it has a more powerful engine and paddle shifters. This model wont be replaced for quite a few years as it came out in 2006.

What do you think, is it a good deal and for whom ? :D

North

Sounds pretty good. I got nearly the same offer in Chiangmai but they wouldn't throw in the free insurance. :D

I'm waiting now for next year to buy. If you are going to keep the car a long time, then buying now is not an issue. However, if keeping it shorter then you have to realize buying now the car will be considered nearly 1 year old already even if coming right off the show room floor.

I just told my wife, what you write here about people considering the car to be nearly one year old, if we buy at this time. And she tells me, that this is not a problem, since the car companies knows of this issue and "normally" do some fiddling about the papers of the car, so that it (in this case)seems to be from january 2008. TIT :o

I wonder if that will work out ?

North

What do you think, is it a good deal and for whom ? :D

North

I just told my wife, what you write here about people considering the car to be nearly one year old, if we buy at this time. And she tells me, that this is not a problem, since the car companies knows of this issue and "normally" do some fiddling about the papers of the car, so that it (in this case)seems to be from january 2008. TIT :o

I wonder if that will work out ?

North

What they probably would do it to wait with the "white" license plate until January 08. That means you will be driving 2 months with red license plates and then January 2008 will be in the final registration date.