Turkeys For Sale

PJBS

I bred Turkeys here once cheaper than your price but the silly youngsters Drank during a storm and drowned themselves

I have three toms and three hens. The oldest hen is sitting on a dozen or so eggs. The last time she was sitting on six eggs and five hatched one of which died. I should butcher at least one of the toms but I am too soft hearted to do it. They are funny stupid birds. We have one BIG Muscovy duck that hates the turkeys and fights with them. There are always more turkey feathers on the ground than duck feathers. The wife has penned the ducks in with that blue screen. The other day the duck and a tom were fighting with the fence between them. Stupid but quite amusing.

Added - Since it is dark, I went out to look at the clutch of turkey eggs. I was quite surprised to see two of the hens sitting side by side on the eggs. There are enough eggs that one turkey couldn't possibly cover them all. I wondered what was going to happen with so many eggs. Maybe they're smarter than I thought.

Edited by Gary A