Buses To The Northeast Direct From Pattaya

cali4995

I know the "main" bus station is on pattaya north road with service to ekamai, morchit and even the southern station.

On sukumvit road, about 100m past central going towards rayong there is another bus station on the left.

นครชัยแอร nakornchaiair? with various destinations posted on their sign. then... there is another bus station on 3rd road

between central and north. then... I've heard there is still one more on sukumvit road coming from bangkok but

before you reach central road. the reason i'm asking, i had an acquaintance who needed to go to korat but goes through

morchit in bangkok to do this which really seems the long-way around? if you got a bus direct from here you could

go almost straight north saving a few hours i'd guess. and...i suppose you just have to visit each station until you find the

one that has the service v.i.p, direct, whatever you're looking for. โคราช it looks like korach to me? amazing thailand

IN THE SAME BUS STATION ON nORTH ROAD IS A YELLOW BUS THAT GOES TO Essan that ends up in Mukdehon. The other one thatv goes to udon is just behind the Petranos gas station just north of central road on Sukhumvit.

Barry

We're going to Siwili in Nong Khai Province, next week. Anyone know if there is a reliable AC bus service that goes direct to Siwili from Pattaya?

Normally we go to Bangkok and get a bus from there.

:o

BarryofThailand, you're right, I was up poking around behind the Petronas station and I see they have signs

for Udonthani and Korat (no English signage whatsoever). Also, there actually is a small bus station on 3rd

road, you can walk right past it if you're not careful. Early morning 07:00 and 10:00 v.i.p. runs to Korat. It's

a couple blocks north from central on the left. Nakornchai air runs to Chiang-mai and Mae-sai and other points

generally in the North. Roong-Rueang does have a service to Mukdahan from the Pattaya north terminal but

it runs on a diagonal, lower issan, maybe Surin then Roi-et and Yasothon. I don't think it comes near Korat

or Khon-kaen but there is a map in the window showing it's route. Wineman, not sure if they have direct to

Nong-khai but if you got to Korat or Khon-kaen it would be reasonably easy to catch another onward. Yeah,

that dog-leg to bangkok just seems sooooo far out of the way, and apparently not necessary. :o

Edited by cali4995

BarryofThailand, you're right, I was up poking around behind the Petronas station and I see they have signs

for Udonthani and Korat (no English signage whatsoever). Also, there actually is a small bus station on 3rd

road, you can walk right past it if you're not careful. Early morning 07:00 and 10:00 v.i.p. runs to Korat. It's

a couple blocks north from central on the left. Nakornchai air runs to Chiang-mai and Mae-sai and other points

generally in the North. Roong-Rueang does have a service to Mukdahan from the Pattaya north terminal but

it runs on a diagonal, lower issan, maybe Surin then Roi-et and Yasothon. I don't think it comes near Korat

or Khon-kaen but there is a map in the window showing it's route. Wineman, not sure if they have direct to

Nong-khai but if you got to Korat or Khon-kaen it would be reasonably easy to catch another onward. Yeah,

that dog-leg to bangkok just seems sooooo far out of the way, and apparently not necessary. :o

Thanks Cali4995

Dude,

Pattaya to NongKai (also Korat)

The 407 bus company is the only service of this kind. It now has one or two new VIP busses.

In Pattay it departs at the service station office just North of Central(Klang) on Sukumvit Hy(Beach Side).

The times were about 8:30A, several from 5:30P to 9P.

Cost is about 500B (forgot).

The old bus can be miserable with the smell from the toilet, extra seats added (15 plastic chairs), and the heat of the day. Pick your pleasure of dangerous night travel, or hot day time.

If you take another bus(at a different station in Pattaya) and go through the BKK Mochit add about 3 hours on your schedule.

GO DOWN TO THE OFFICE AND BUY YOUR TICKET A DAY AHEAD OF TIME. GET A SEAT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BUS. PUT YOUR STUFF UNDER YOUR SEAT. ENJOY THE RIDE ON NEW VIP BUS.

LLL

I've been to Korat (actually Lamplaimat about 90Km from Korat heading toward Buri Ram) twice in 2 weeks, the first time was by bus from Morchit but returning on a bus direct to Pattaya. The bus we took back took us to the bus station on 3rd road anout 500m past the TOT office.

The missus took a 8.30 am regular bus direct from Pattaya to Korat, it only took her 8 hours :D she said "bus no good" I should bleeding say, cost was I think 235 baht. So coming back from my first trip there she promised me it would be a pure luxury VIP bus, cost 385 baht caught it at 10:30 PM in Laplaimat arrived Pattay bus station 3rd road at 4:30 AM, VIP bus my a*se, maybe it's VIP if your just a little over 4ft tall but at 6ft I though I'd have to have my legs amputated by the time we got to Pattaya, so if youre over 6 ft take my advice and rent a car oh and by the way some thermal underwear won't go amiss, the air con was absolutely freezing, the missus was like a vibrator all the way she was so cold.

Anyway went to Lamplaimat again last week, the missus said we go bus, I said over my dead body and rented a jazz from D.V. car rent on 3rd road (recommended, 1300 baht 1 day) and I drove, actually not a bad drive through the country and did in 4.5 hours though I was pushing it a bit. It's the first time I've never seen her indoors take a nap in 4.5 hours though she did drop off for 5 minutes but a quick stab of the brake pedal when I was going 170 Kmh put a stop to that nap :D though bought a nasty glare from her. :o:D:D

But from my point of view they will never catch me on a bus to Isaan again.

Edited by paul1970

I've been to Korat (actually Lamplaimat about 90Km from Korat heading toward Buri Ram) twice in 2 weeks, the first time was by bus from Morchit but returning on a bus direct to Pattaya. The bus we took back took us to the bus station on 3rd road anout 500m past the TOT office.

The missus took a 8.30 am regular bus direct from Pattaya to Korat, it only took her 8 hours :D she said "bus no good" I should bleeding say, cost was I think 235 baht. So coming back from my first trip there she promised me it would be a pure luxury VIP bus, cost 385 baht caught it at 10:30 PM in Laplaimat arrived Pattay bus station 3rd road at 4:30 AM, VIP bus my a*se, maybe it's VIP if your just a little over 4ft tall but at 6ft I though I'd have to have my legs amputated by the time we got to Pattaya, so if youre over 6 ft take my advice and rent a car oh and by the way some thermal underwear won't go amiss, the air con was absolutely freezing, the missus was like a vibrator all the way she was so cold.

Anyway went to Lamplaimat again last week, the missus said we go bus, I said over my dead body and rented a jazz from D.V. car rent on 3rd road (recommended, 1300 baht 1 day) and I drove, actually not a bad drive through the country and did in 4.5 hours though I was pushing it a bit. It's the first time I've never seen her indoors take a nap in 4.5 hours though she did drop off for 5 minutes but a quick stab of the brake pedal when I was going 170 Kmh put a stop to that nap :D though bought a nasty glare from her. :o:D:D

But from my point of view they will never catch me on a bus to Isaan again.

Try 407 next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see above post