Travelling Over To Koh Chang From Trad

midas

I just wondered if anyone knows after arriving Trat how can you reach the pier for the BLUE and WHITE coloured

ferry instead of the very old and very slow GREEN coloured ones ??

The blue taxi's that leave Trat bus terminal only ever seem to go where the green ferry leaves ?

The blue ferry looks better and I think would be faster than the one hour crossing?

I wondered if someone may know the name of the other ( blue ) ferry pier ?

I just wondered if anyone knows after arriving Trat how can you reach the pier for the BLUE and WHITE coloured

The blue taxi's that leave Trat bus terminal only ever seem to go where the green ferry leaves ?

The blue ferry looks better and I think would be faster than the one hour crossing?

The ferries your referring to are the ones that leave from Thammachat Pier in Thammachat Bay (Ao Thammachat). I've only been to Koh Chang once and took Bangkok Airways, this crossing is closer to the airport so you're taken here by default. I suspect the taxis take you from Trat to the other crossing for the same reason; I believe there's about 15 kilos between them. These ferries are faster but, this may be negated by the extra time getting to the pier. See the link below for further info:

http://www.ferrykohchang.com/FerryKohChang.htm

The ferries your referring to are the ones that leave from Thammachat Pier in Thammachat Bay (Ao Thammachat). I've only been to Koh Chang once and took Bangkok Airways, this crossing is closer to the airport so you're taken here by default. I suspect the taxis take you from Trat to the other crossing for the same reason; I believe there's about 15 kilos between them. These ferries are faster but, this may be negated by the extra time getting to the pier. See the link below for further info:

http://www.ferrykohchang.com/FerryKohChang.htm

Thanks very much for that Clayton !