Rent Increases

Overall, in Bangkok, rental rates have dropped around 20% (yes, 20%!!!) in the last 12 months, and condos have remained stable.

The problem with rental yields (regarding condos)is the amount of new units becoming available and the fact that there are not enough people to fill them.

CBRE website has some good research results available on this subject.

Does it happen here or do they stay the same for years?. In The Uk its a yearly thing in general.

I have rented condos in BKK for the last 15 years. The first 8 year period the rent remained the same. The second 7 year period (until now) at another condo the rent has remained unchanged also. If anything we would expect a rent decrease.

<br />
Does it happen here or do they stay the same for years?. In The Uk its a yearly thing in general.
<br /><br />I have rented condos in BKK for the last 15 years. The first 8 year period the rent remained the same. The second 7 year period (until now) at another condo the rent has remained unchanged also. If anything we would expect a rent decrease.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

And what state is your condo in now? ever had it re painted? re furbished? does the lanlord repair things when they break?

Only anecdotal evidence here, but my rent remained unchanged for two years, and I doubt would have increased. During that time, the landlord made major repairs to the air/con. My current landlady will probably never increase my rent, but she expects me to pay for certain maintenance, while she pays for certain other upkeep.

Only anecdotal evidence here, but my rent remained unchanged for two years, and I doubt would have increased. During that time, the landlord made major repairs to the air/con. My current landlady will probably never increase my rent, but she expects me to pay for certain maintenance, while she pays for certain other upkeep.

I have been a landlady for decades and have increased rental yearly except in 1997 and 1998. Not a single one has moved out because of the increase. But I set aside a 10% sum for every 3-year renovation just like all the hospitality industry does. In this way, I maintain my property standard and my reputation.