Bowling In Maha Sarakham?

danfred

I recently heard bits of a Thai conversation suggesting that there was (or soon will be) a bowling alley in Maha Sarakham. Can anyone confirm this? Do you know the location?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan, confirmed, I have not been but the boys and girls from the 101 Pizza and Internet Cafe next door at the lake (Bung Palang Chai?) in the centre of Roi Et have been doing runs for a few games. If you are not to far out of town pop in either for directions if you get no confirmed directions here.

Tap Dam

Edited by Tap Dam

Inside central plaza, at the very end, just opened up a nightclub (only bar) underneath it.

Go along the canal from tesco lotus (turn left) and it's the half built industrial site plaza is on the left hand side about 2 km away.

Inside central plaza, at the very end, just opened up a nightclub (only bar) underneath it.

Go along the canal from tesco lotus (turn left) and it's the half built industrial site plaza is on the left hand side about 2 km away.

Just to be a little more precise as to what "turn left" means read the following. Arrive at the crossroads where the road that runs along the canal intersects with the main road from the city centre to Borubue. If you have come from the clock tower, Serm Thai (the complex containing Tesco Lotus) stands on the road going left but you want to turn right. This road leads past the Provincial hospital and runs along the canal going away from Serm Thai. You will pass the Vasu Hotel and a large disco on your right. Carry on along this road beside the canal for about 1 to 2km until you pass a large builders' merchants on your right. Just ahead on the left you will see a new bridge over the canal leading to a partly-built retail park. Some shops are open, others are not. You must turn left over the bridge and go straight ahead until you enter a kind of square. The bowling alley is straight ahead. I haven't been there since it was finished but I had a conversation with some builders a while ago, who told me that it was a 'sanam bowling' (or did I get that wrong?).

Edited by citizen33

Thanks all for the feedback! I haven't been bowling in years and my parents love to bowl and they are coming for a 2 month visit (their first time in Issan) and it will be nice to have a list of things to fall back on in case they start getting bored (hopefully they won't!).