Not A Bad Lurk!

snoophound

Farang crook poses as Thai bride

The smiling face of would-be mail-order bride, Thaee Maiyuran, once appeared regularly on the pages of legitimate Thai/farang matchmaking websites such as Oneandonly.com. Dozens of foreign suitors emailed the pretty Thai girl, completely unaware that they were, in fact, corresponding with a 50 year-old German bloke called Rudiger Reischert.

Our very own Mr Peter dropped Thaee a line but, instead of receiving a sweet and carefully misspelled reply, he was emailed by the Thai police. They told him that Reischert had been arrested. After swindling around half a million baht from lonely farang men, the conman was now facing up to seven years in jail.

His scam was simple. "Thaee" would promise to meet the men in their own country if they wired "her" money for visas and flights.

In the months that followed, arrivals lounges all over Farangland echoed to the tearful cries of love-sick farang men clutching wilting bouquets – but at least they were spared the sight of a fat middle-aged German puckering-up for a kiss. None of them heard from Thaee again.

Read the rest...

source mangosauce

I once got a couple of emails off a supposed woman on adult friend finder. After reading about halfway down she had said thet she wants to send me some of her panties so that I will be thinking of her. But that they are expensive ones and would I mind paying the 5 pounds for them.

That was last year, and I'm still waiting for them. Actually I think I will send her an email tonight and make sure she washes them before sending them.

I once got a couple of emails off a supposed woman on adult friend finder. After reading about halfway down she had said thet she wants to send me some of her panties so that I will be thinking of her. But that they are expensive ones and would I mind paying the 5 pounds for them.

That was last year, and I'm still waiting for them. Actually I think I will send her an email tonight and make sure she washes them before sending them.

esp if Herr Rudiger was wearing them

:o

It is so easy....

NEVER send money before you meet that person personally in HER OWN country.

Flights are cheap - take some vacation and have fun.....and check it out.

Even if HE is a scam.....plenty of other, real girls around, who would like to meet you....not only in Thailand...other Asian countries as well...

Beside some pocketmoney (somewhat the usual 1000 baht daily) and some little gifts (swimmingwear, underware or something like that) and some lunch and dinner you should not pay much more than that for the girl meeting her the first time....

There is another thread here, about how to deal with a more realistic relationship.

Again, never offer cash.....offer business, with legal contracts, and some repayment to you.....this is my opinion....

I know some men are totally uninformed, paying huge amounts of money for nothing....

However it is up to them, to collect information and to listen to others with some experience. Lot of good information can be found in the internet....just read through for hours in this Thaivisa-Forum.....then you should know, what is going on...