Good Watch Repair Shop

caster

I want to get a new battery in a Tag Huer watch,last time i done it,was in BKK emporium, it cost 3000 baht and 3 weeks waiting, is there a decent watch shop in Pattaya where i can just get the battery changed and my watch wont fill up with water next time it gets wet? i dont want to go to one of these side walk blokes,thnx

Yes Mr Wan .

He is at the very back of the food and clothes market ,on South Pattaya road ,opposite the Wat ,not far up from 2 nd road .You have to go inside the market and walk along the very back wall and you will see a watch shop.

He has been there in his shop house ,shop for years .Does high quality imitation copy watches also .Another watch shop is about 30 meters away ,also good ,run by a Thai lady called Sarah .

Sara is more consumer friendly and her husband is a much better techical repairer, Mr Wong is her brother and she doesn't even speak to him! he is an

arrogant asshol_e, with prices to match and whose command of the english language does include a number of familiar anglo saxon 'go away' phrases which he is happy to use liberally if you question him in any way about his ability or knowledge. stay away from Wong go to Sara. she is a pleasure to deal with

Yes of course ,its Mr Wong not Wan .He was friendly ,when i dealt with him .Bought an imitation Breitling ,good quality ,and still looks good after 3 years ,( 2,000 baht ) . Need also to go back to him to get a new battery installed ,next week .

Edited by Thaifan2

on the opposite side of the road from tops on corner of 2nd rd and central pattaya rd,there is a watch shop ,the guy in there is very good ,i have a very expensive raymond weil watch ,he changed battery no problem ,last year the winder broke and he said i can get a genuine replacement 7000 bhat and take a week or put one of mine 100 bhat ,i opted for the cheap one ,couldnt tell the difference and still going strong and looking good a year later.

I want to get a new battery in a Tag Huer watch,last time i done it,was in BKK emporium, it cost 3000 baht and 3 weeks waiting, is there a decent watch shop in Pattaya where i can just get the battery changed and my watch wont fill up with water next time it gets wet? i dont want to go to one of these side walk blokes,thnx
Go into royal garden, on the right just inside the door past au bon pain is a guy that has a corner in the shop there, he is good,

this guy is in mbk in bkk - 0818044357 i was given his # on timezone.com said does good work specializing in omega service.

go to bkk, dont mess with monkeys around here. your tag quartz might not be a real watch, but its not cheap.

honestly, unless it requires a special tool, any monkey can do it. its a battery not mechanical service.

i have a very expensive raymond weil watch...the winder broke...

I have had good service from the watch repair man on the 2nd floor of Royal Garden Mall at the 2nd road side. He is in the eye-ware shop next to the luggage shop.

I can vouch for this place, they are main dealers for a few major brands, had 3 good watches serviced and repaired there, one year guarantee which they honour as had to take one back after 6 months

Sarah all the way. Mr. Wong is her brother in law, Sarah's husband used to work for Mr. Wong who is his brother. Mr. Wong was THE MAN for years but about three years ago went mental for reasons I do not know and is as likely to tell you to fuc_k off as not these days so Sarah all the way.

Is this Tag Heuer watch a divers watch or is it marked only as 'water resistant?'

If a divers watch, you will need to find a repairer who stocks the exact rubber "O" ring required to properly seal it. If the "O" ring was recently replaced it may still be OK to re-use it.

There are a variety of ways to make a watch water resistant. All such watches use rubber gaskets or "O" rings to seal the case back. A watch with a back that screws onto the case provides a higher degree of water resistance. Some crowns (the "winding stem") actually screw into the case to further increase water resistance.

Usage Recommendations

The following usage recommendations are suggested by the Seiko Corporation of America.

* Water-resistant to 30 meters (100 feet). Will withstand splashes of water or rain but should not be worn while swimming or diving.

* Water-tested to 50 meters (165 feet). Suitable for showering or swimming in shallow water.

* Water-tested to 100 meters (330 feet). Suitable for swimming and snorkeling.

* Water-tested to 150 meters (500 feet). Suitable for snorkeling.

* Water-tested to 200 meters (660 feet). Suitable for skin diving.

* Diver's 150 meters (500 feet). Meets ISO standards and is suitable for scuba diving.

* Diver's 200 meters (660 feet). Meets ISO standards and is suitable for scuba diving.

Sarah all the way. Mr. Wong is her brother in law, Sarah's husband used to work for Mr. Wong who is his brother. Mr. Wong was THE MAN for years but about three years ago went mental for reasons I do not know and is as likely to tell you to fuc_k off as not these days so Sarah all the way.
actually Mr Wong is Sarahs Brother not her brother in law.