Cheapest Way To Call Uk.... Skypeout? Or Tin Cans And String.

glasshock

Hey gang .... yet again I'm sorry if this has already been covered but can anyone recommend a cheap way to call back to the UK from Thailand?

We are moving next week and I just cant tie up many of the loose ends in the UK so will need to make many calls over the coming month or two.

Anyone using Skypeout ? any good? or just as expensive as the highwaymen at BT?

Thanks in advance people ...... :o

Hey gang .... yet again I'm sorry if this has already been covered but can anyone recommend a cheap way to call back to the UK from Thailand?

We are moving next week and I just cant tie up many of the loose ends in the UK so will need to make many calls over the coming month or two.

Get a local sim card and dial 009 country code then the number. This is a voip call and costs around 6 Baht per min. I use the

orange network in Thai.

Cheers, Rick

SkypeOut is very cheap, and quality is good too (your bandwidth depending of course).

UK rates : http://www.skype.com/intl/en/prices/callrates/#listing-U

SkypeOut will usually cost you VAT at 17.5% if you pay with a UK card (and there used to be problems paying with Thai ones). You can avoid the VAT by setting up a business account and then adding yourself (your Skype Id) as the administrator. Pay the money to the business account (0% VAT) and then allocate it to your Skype account.

If you buy a SkypeIn number in the UK, then your friends in the UK can call you for the price of a local or national call. 1 year is around $60.

Get a local sim card and dial 009 country code then the number. This is a voip call and costs around 6 Baht per min. I use the

orange network in Thai.

Cheers, Rick

I agree. Can chat for little money.