Rayong Wandering

Mikey7

Just got to Rayong and have been looking for apartments and a farang restaurant and or bar or two . I've had little success so far and am just wandering aimlessly L. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Mikey7

you must try the number 42 italian restaurant under the Kanary bay serviced apartments on the beach road. in my view its amongst the best food available in Thailand. i have been known to drive the 50 odd miles from pattaya just to reboot my taste buds.

http://www.kanarybay.com/serviced_apartmen...facilities.html

Thanks for this, TK. I, too, enjoy the trip to Rayong. It's the best drive (on Rte 36) in Chonburi Province, IMO. I've found a couple of good Thai restaurants along the beach there; but this is the first reference I've seen for a good western food place. I'll definitely try it on my next trip. (Fact is, the longer I live in the Pattaya area, the more I wish we had bought a house near Rayong or Si Racha!)

Just got to Rayong and have been looking for apartments and a farang restaurant and or bar or two . I've had little success so far and am just wandering aimlessly L. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are there any buses from Rayong to Pattaya? What is Rayong like is it a decent place to live any places to work for a Farang?

you must try the number 42 italian restaurant under the Kanary bay serviced apartments on the beach road. in my view its amongst the best food available in Thailand. i have been known to drive the 50 odd miles from pattaya just to reboot my taste buds.

Thanks for the tip I will definitely try it out. I am an Italian food junkie l

Are there any buses from Rayong to Pattaya? What is Rayong like is it a decent place to live any places to work for a Farang?

Busses run fairly oftyen off Sukhamvit at the end of the Bus station road in Pattaya. Its a very slow bus tho. As for rayong it seems to be a good town Shopping is good decent food. Just not much Farang structure so far which is ok for me except when it comes to finding economical serviced apartments. Local transport is a bit of a problem once you get off the main drag too. But all in all if I can find a place to live I think it will be great. I am sure there are teaching jobs here although its not something I know anything about, but where there are schools there is a need for English teachers where ever you are.

Thanks for the tip I will definitely try it out. I am an Italian food junkie l

The same company that runs the Kanary Bay resort/restaurant in Rayong also has a hotel and italian restaurant in Sri Racha I believe. Racha is only about 20 minutes from Pattaya. It's in town near the water behind Robinson's I believe.

Seconded - A few years ago I whilst working in Rayong, I used to have lunch there - they did what I would regard as one of the best buffets I've had anywhere - and for around 200 baht. Do they still do that?

every time I call in they tell me I'm either too late or it's the wrong day...it used to be Mon to Thursday, I think.

I didn't think the Sri Racha one was anywhere near as good - they don't offer the lunch-time buffet.

Oh yes...at the estuary (south) end of that beach is a large and rather good seafood restaurant.

Edited by wilko