1st Border Trip

Hi, I'll be making my first ever border trip this year. I don't really know the score and wondered if someone can help. I want to go to the Cambodian border (Poipet) by train for the first crossing on my multi non-b. If I'm returning to Thailand immediately do I still need to buy a Cambodian visa or do I just get stamped in and out without the purchase? Many thanks.

Where do you live? There are a lot of companies that will take you there in a minibus and sort out your visa for a small fee. Obviously if you're on a tight budget you can arrange it yourself, but for convenience it may be easier to go through a company. :o

Yes, you do need a visa for Cambodia.

Hi, I'll be making my first ever border trip this year.  I don't really know the score and wondered if someone can help.  I want to go to the Cambodian border (Poipet) by train for the first crossing on my multi non-b.  If I'm returning to Thailand immediately do I still need to buy a Cambodian visa or do I just get stamped in and out without the purchase?  Many thanks.

Carl, use the search engine for "Poipet".

Set it for "365 days and newer"

There is loads of info in 'this' section.

Forget the train, you only have 90 mins to get thru Thai and Cambo Immigration.... unless you want to overnight in Aranya. Yuk!

Or...... get the train up and get a 1st class bus back to BKK, the last 1st class bus deps at 1500hrs

DO NOT PAY THE SCUM BAG FROM THE "HEALTH" DEPT 1 BAHT, just ignore the little plick.