No Visa In Kathmandu

I'm British. I tried to apply for a tourist visa in Kathmandu, but they wouldn't let me apply saying that I could get the free 30 day exemption. Okay so I arrive at the airport and get my 30 days, but I want to stay for 3 months.

So can I do the visa run twice more?

The other thing is I have a used a triple entry tourist visa from the UK in my passport (this year), so does the 90days from 180 apply to the used tourist visa or only the 30 day visa exemptions.

One more thing is my passport is getting full, so if I get a new passport here in BKK will this have an impact (except on my wallet!)?

It is 90 days in six months and visa entry does not count against that. You can make the 30 day visa exempt runs up to 90 days. A new passport will effect your pocket and require a trip to Immigration to transfer your current permitted to stay stamp but will not remove computer records of your previous entry if they want to check.

Dear Colinm, I would suggest going somewhere to get a tourist visa after your 30 days are up. Tourist visas are easy to obtain and are valid for 60 days. You may extend this visa for 30 days for 1900 baht in Thai at an immigration office.. Vientiene in Laos may be offering a double entry tourist, but a single for sure. Penang, Kota Bahru, Singapore,Ho Chi Minh, Ha Noi are all safe bets.