Bentley On Samui?!

I saw a Bentley on Samui yesterday. Driven by a farang.

The very first thought in my mind is "Why?" What drive a 6 million baht or more car on roads that will take it apart in no time?

Maybe just here for short time but I would have rented a jeep or something to get around in.

Or, as the saying goes, maybe he has more money than brains.

Sorry, stop ask (silly) questions - Saw a white Rolls Royce with gold plated Emily and gold plated rims 1991-2 on Samui - courtesy of Sea Fan Bungalows and Mr. Fritz from Austria - Manager of some posh development going up in Lipa Noi...the simming pool had gold trimmings in the tiles, golden water spouts al over the place marble and expensive decortive items...

Missed the yellow and the black Hummer, the Porsche Cayenne, the MB-Brabus Kompressor Convertible, the BMW X5, the MB xxx, the many Jeep Cherokee, the latest Range Rover, the Harley Davidsons ?

The very first thought in my mind is "Why?" What drive a 6 million baht or more car on roads that will take it apart in no time?

Maybe just here for short time but I would have rented a jeep or something to get around in.

if you can afford it why not ,but wheres he going to get parts and service it on samui :o

if you can afford it why not ,but wheres he going to get parts and service it on samui :o

Don't laugh, but they fly the mechanics in.

:D:D:D

maybe you saw this.....(i saw him in Bang Rak)

post-51795-1196964466_thumb.jpg

post-51795-1196964496_thumb.jpg

i think, 560HP it's enough for Samui, also max. speed of 318km/h

about 11 minutes and you will be around samui on the ringroad :o 555555

Chayaphum

PS: have a look at the Co2 emissions...........just 396g per kilometer!

Edited by Chayaphum

:D:D:D

maybe you saw this.....(i saw him in Bang Rak)

post-51795-1196964466_thumb.jpg

post-51795-1196964496_thumb.jpg

i think, 560HP it's enough for Samui, also max. speed of 318km/h

about 11 minutes and you will be around samui on the ringroad :o 555555

Chayaphum

PS: have a look at the Co2 emissions...........just 396g per kilometer!

this is fun

I saw once a time ago

a Ferrari

nice low to the ground

He is from Pattaya, the car is new and he made a nice "test Drive" down here where he has biz to do.

Yesterday he left.

With 6 million thb you probably just buy the wheels and seats of that Bentley.

In general you need to have brain to afford this type of toys, not the opposite.

B.Regards

Edited by Geppis72

He lives in the same apartment building as my sister in law,is a very wealthy guy and can afford it,and he actually has more brains than money, !

No, whats funnier is how two different people have two different stories about the same guy :o

No stories about nobody, only answered to the OP, I did not like it.

I know well the guy for reasons that I do not need to explain and he's a good friend.

You look the OP and my answer, nothing to do with cars or ladies.

Cheers

No, whats funnier is how two different people have two different stories about the same guy :o

I know well the guy for reasons that I do not need to explain and he's a good friend.

Cheers

I know geppis, but look at mike's post after yours. Unless Mike is in Pattaya, then he has a different story from your own :D

Cheers

I know geppis, but look at mike's post after yours. Unless Mike is in Pattaya, then he has a different story from your own :D

I am ,and he is .. :D

Thanks for clearing that up, Mike, got me confused since you didn't actually state that the guy lived in the same apt building as your sister in law in Pattaya I just assumed that you were talking about Samui since this is the Samui forum :o

So, this guy drives his BENTLEY from Pattaya to Samui? I know the mainland roads are generally pretty good but I don't know if I'd trust them that much :D

And, having just visited Samui today to do my visa, I have to say that after the floods there are some pretty horrific potholes on some of the roads (out to Big Buddha for one) . I'd hate to drop a Bentley in one of those.

Thanks for clearing that up, Mike, got me confused since you didn't actually state that the guy lived in the same apt building as your sister in law in Pattaya I just assumed that you were talking about Samui since this is the Samui forum :o

So, this guy drives his BENTLEY from Pattaya to Samui? I know the mainland roads are generally pretty good but I don't know if I'd trust them that much :D

He drives it everywhere, but i dont think hes ready for cambodia yet !

post-41326-1197032681_thumb.jpg

He is from Pattaya, the car is new and he made a nice "test Drive" down here where he has biz to do.

Yesterday he left.

In general you need to have brain to afford this type of toys, not the opposite.

B.Regards

"In general you need to have a brain to afford this type of toys..." :o ??? are you serious :D ??!!...you mean like all the drug dealers, gansters etc (both farang AND Thai!) on Samui laundering their money here or the guys in the "premiership" or NBA or rap/hiphop/movie stars or president Bush (or most world "leaders" for that matter) or the former farmers and fishermen with a 1st grade education and the mental/emotional maturity of a 10 year old and who act like it from samui who suddenly got a ton of cash from a foreigner (please meet the head of Samui Estate Corporation ONE time and then TELL me he is anything but brain dead!)???...So very sorry, but if you think having a bunch of money equals the presumption of intelligence then you are not so sharp yourself...far more often its simply a matter of birth or, on this island, something far far more sinister.

Oh please do not start with this... come on do not offend yourself, I WROTE "In general" if you read.

You start like : All the rich people must be bad people because they have money.

There are people who is rich from family as you said too, people who get rich tks to their ideas or because

they risk their own money to open biz which give jobs to other people too.

And there are the bad ones like everywhere in the world (not Samui only).

The OP talk about a specific case, I know the person and I know he did use his brain, that's all.

I'm not a rich guy I always worked and I'm working here too to buy my chicken, but I do respect

the people who decide to take the risk with their own money.

Regards

I just gave up on those flashy cars. The upstairs maid drove the yellow Ferrari into the east swimming pool, and the butler wrecked the red Maybach into the green Carrera convertible....you just can't get good help nowadays. So I traded the gardner even, his 1988 Hyundai Excel for my new Hummer, and we're all much happier.

Yesterday he left.

B.Regards

"In general you need to have a brain to afford this type of toys..." :D ??? are you serious :bah: ??!!...you mean like all the drug dealers, gansters etc (both farang AND Thai!) on Samui laundering their money here or the guys in the "premiership" or NBA or rap/hiphop/movie stars or president Bush (or most world "leaders" for that matter) or the former farmers and fishermen with a 1st grade education and the mental/emotional maturity of a 10 year old and who act like it from samui who suddenly got a ton of cash from a foreigner (please meet the head of Samui Estate Corporation ONE time and then TELL me he is anything but brain dead!)???...So very sorry, but if you think having a bunch of money equals the presumption of intelligence then you are not so sharp yourself...far more often its simply a matter of birth or, on this island, something far far more sinister.

Oh please do not start with this... come on do not offend yourself, I WROTE "In general" if you read.

You start like : All the rich people must be bad people because they have money.

There are people who is rich from family as you said too, people who get rich tks to their ideas or because

The OP talk about a specific case, I know the person and I know he did use his brain, that's all.

I'm not a rich guy I always worked and I'm working here too to buy my chicken, but I do respect

Regards

"He is from Pattaya" :D:D:D

Ya...sure he used his megabrains to create his empire! :o and while we are on it, I did NOT say ALL rich people are bad...only that just because one has money does NOT mean they are good or at the least smart....despite what folks on Samui, especially in the farang developer/property agent/money laundering culture and their Thai equivalents + those who place any value on "face" think...and yes, they are bad "rich" people everywhere but the concentration on Samui is far higher than anywhere else in the world that I know of...ooopps, "of which I know"....by the way, what is "biz"?

biz= business

Yesterday he left.

B.Regards

"In general you need to have a brain to afford this type of toys..." :D ??? are you serious :bah: ??!!...you mean like all the drug dealers, gansters etc (both farang AND Thai!) on Samui laundering their money here or the guys in the "premiership" or NBA or rap/hiphop/movie stars or president Bush (or most world "leaders" for that matter) or the former farmers and fishermen with a 1st grade education and the mental/emotional maturity of a 10 year old and who act like it from samui who suddenly got a ton of cash from a foreigner (please meet the head of Samui Estate Corporation ONE time and then TELL me he is anything but brain dead!)???...So very sorry, but if you think having a bunch of money equals the presumption of intelligence then you are not so sharp yourself...far more often its simply a matter of birth or, on this island, something far far more sinister.

Regards

"He is from Pattaya" :D:D:D

Ya...sure he used his megabrains to create his empire! :o and while we are on it, I did NOT say ALL rich people are bad...only that just because one has money does NOT mean they are good or at the least smart....despite what folks on Samui, especially in the farang developer/property agent/money laundering culture and their Thai equivalents + those who place any value on "face" think...and yes, they are bad "rich" people everywhere but the concentration on Samui is far higher than anywhere else in the world that I know of...ooopps, "of which I know"....by the way, what is "biz"?

biz = business

I just gave up on those flashy cars. The upstairs maid drove the yellow Ferrari into the east swimming pool, and the butler wrecked the red Maybach into the green Carrera convertible....you just can't get good help nowadays. So I traded the gardner even, his 1988 Hyundai Excel for my new Hummer, and we're all much happier.

:o