Best Roasted Chicken On Sukhumvit?

webworldly

Hi! :-)

I read several posts when I searched the forum for "roasted chicken".....and they were either critical of Tops' pre-cooked roasted chickens for being too greasy.....and other posts were critical of the raw chickens from Tops.

What I'd like to know is....forget the raw ones that you cook yourself at home...........where can you get the best tasting pre-cooked, ready to eat roasted chicken on Sukhumvit? And what is it that you like about it? (Is it less greasy, more greasy, less spiced, more spiced, etc.?)

CHEERS!

D

There's a place near Ekamai bus station that has chicken right next to the road... and every idling bus waiting to depart gets to deposit it's own "secret seasonings" to the marinade in the form of blackened diesel exhaust.

The resulting toxic levels of pollutants in each and every bite are but a small pittance to pay to be able to savor the truly unique taste of this fine dish. :o mmmmm.....

There's a place near Ekamai bus station that has chicken right next to the road... and every idling bus waiting to depart gets to deposit it's own "secret seasonings" to the marinade in the form of blackened diesel exhaust.

The resulting toxic levels of pollutants in each and every bite are but a small pittance to pay to be able to savor the truly unique taste of this fine dish. :o mmmmm.....

Off topic but the best i saw was the fresh strawberry basket in CNX. When the vendor placed it on the ground to give the tourist her change a dog cocked its leg and deposited half a litre of p--- on the basket Ahh the sweet smell of street food

Hi! :-)

I read several posts when I searched the forum for "roasted chicken".....and they were either critical of Tops' pre-cooked roasted chickens for being too greasy.....and other posts were critical of the raw chickens from Tops.

What I'd like to know is....forget the raw ones that you cook yourself at home...........where can you get the best tasting pre-cooked, ready to eat roasted chicken on Sukhumvit? And what is it that you like about it? (Is it less greasy, more greasy, less spiced, more spiced, etc.?)

CHEERS!

D

There's a som tum restaurant in Sukhumvit 14(next to BTS Asoke) which has the best "gai yang" or roasted chicken that I've had on Sukhumvit. The chicken is tender and moist, with a nice crispy skin and full natural flavor. Great stuff! Chicken is a bit pricy at between 120-140 per bird or half that for half a bird.

Its open only M-F for lunch only and generally closes by 2 pm. Lots of thai customers but not many farang as the place is pretty local. Next door to the popular Suda Restaurant but cheaper. Service is much quicker and better-unlike Suda, they even smile once in a while.Get 'em while they're hot! :o

Nana or cowboy :o

The same chicken crossing street looking for some ... ??? :D

On a serious note: There is a place in Ekamai, like 10 mins from main skmvt. on your left handside. You will spot it easily. Lotta smoke there.