Bbq

fm2002

I know that True Value (being American and all) sells Weber BBQs (I saw one with a built-in gas starter and side table in the Pattaya branch, quite nifty actually).

There is a local company, I think it is based in Korat, that does some pretty nice looking BBQs, but I think these are gas based (but not sure, and cannot right now find the ad I tore out of a newspaper not so long ago). But do a search on TV forum, because this company has been discussed before somewhere on TV. It might change your mind regarding gas vs charcoal... (I am in a transition phase myself).

Anyway, good luck with the barbie!

Thanks all. Just purchased a Weber One-Touch BBQ grill for 6000 baht. (Would of cost half that in the USA) They have specials on all sizes. I got a free bag of wood chips and a apron for buying. However was a bit tricky getting it home on my motorbike.

Good to hear you got fixed up so quickly, somtimes the forum works like a well-oiled machine...

"However was a bit tricky getting it home on my motorbike".

Now this I cannot really understand. Almost every day I see people bringing BBQs home on motocy's, and they even seem to light it up in the shop before taking it home.

I bought one in Udon Thani. It is a two burner gas unit, all stainless steel and it is a work of art. Beautiful workmanship and it works great. It has a double walled lid so I can also use it for baking. I went there and picked mine up but he will ship anywhere in Thailand. Google Quick-Fire BBQ in Udon Thani and it should come up.

I bought one in Udon Thani. It is a two burner gas unit, all stainless steel and it is a work of art. Beautiful workmanship and it works great. It has a double walled lid so I can also use it for baking. I went there and picked mine up but he will ship anywhere in Thailand. Google Quick-Fire BBQ in Udon Thani and it should come up.

The guy in Udon is American and has a website barbquethailand. his stainless steel Bar B Que looks great. I will order one the early part of next year. Absolutely correct with a double wall, can also be used for baking. No need to heat up the house.

Barry