Thai Post Office Ems Or Dhl, Ups

Spaniel

I have to send several documents to the USA. DHL charges around B1100 and UPS B984 for a 1/2 k envelope. EMS is B600. Since I'm inclined to go with the cheapest price I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with EMS that might change my mind?

We send monthly packages to New York, Singapore and Hong Kong. Until recently we were using Fed-Ex but their prices are about 1/3rd more expensive than EMS. We trialled EMS for a couple of months and the only difference we have seen, apart from the cost reduction, is it takes one or two days longer for the packages to reach New York. There's no difference at all with the Singapore and Hong Kong deliveries.

Edited by andy1308

I use EMS all the time for post. I have never had a problem.

When/if my paycheck is mailed to me from Saudi Arabia it is sent via DHL. When i receive it i find that the DHL envelope has at some point been placed inside an EMS envelope and then posted again to my house!

I have used TNT a few times, but they were very expensive, so I changed to DHL. Still expensive, but good service.

I once sent two packages, one small, one big, from the "post office" at Lotus on North Pattaya Road.

They were to go to Europe, and I do think it was using normal package post, but cannot be 100% sure. It was not expensive, so probably normal post.

The small package made it to Europe quickly, but the second did not. My g/f asked me for the slip, and contacted the Naklua post office (the real deal). They said the package had not passed through their office, so we went to the local Lotus office. It seems like they had been tipped off, because very promptly the package was "found" in a corner, and express TNT courier service offered at no charge (worth 1,500 Baht). Go figure...

The package finally made its safe way to Europe!

• 1 year later...

Need quick advise....which courier to use from Thailand (Chiang Dao) to Singapore (Canadian High Comission)

Here's the story...

My wife, Mon and I, have been patiently waiting for the passport request from Singapore, for her Permanent Residence stamp, to Canada.

Finally, I found out today, that they send the request to my Canadian Adress, instead of her Thai adress. Luckily, I just arrived back in Canada a few days ago. Now, I have to UPS it to Thailand (5 days) and then, she will have to fill it out and courier it to the Canadian High Commission in Singapore. Is EMS the fastest? They want it "Registered".

We are sort of in a time crunch here, because I need my wife here, as our work season is starting right away over here.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kurt

EMS is fine for documents it is a day or 3 slower than DHL, FEDEX, UPS.

However anything of value I would send by DHL,FEDEX - EMS will probably get it delivered ok but if its damaged or lost its a dam_n site harder to get insurance paid out from EMS than it is any of the other 3 major couriers.

Been in Thailand 15 years sending/receiving mail from USA

Receiving mail:

EMS - always received, if duty postman collects it

FEDEX - always received, if duty postman collects it

UPS - always received, if duty postman collects it

DHL - always received. Must transfer duty by bank to them and fax a copy of the transfer receipt before they will send package. Big pain. I tell people in USA to never use DHL.

Sending mail:

I always send by EMS, so no experience with FEDEX, UPS, DHL

EMS only lost once. That package passed USA customs, but never arrived at destination.

I have never used EMS but if it is cheaper I will try it out for non-vital documents.

I had a bad experience with UPS

The best in my opinion is DHL. Their online tracking facility is good, their telephone helpline is good (Have English speakers), and if you give them your mobile number they will keep you up-to-date with any problems.

Most of the time I use DHL for extrememely important stuff for peace of mind.

I have to send several documents to the USA. DHL charges around B1100 and UPS B984 for a 1/2 k envelope. EMS is B600. Since I'm inclined to go with the cheapest price I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with EMS that might change my mind?

I have been using EMS for a few years now to Japan, Vietnam, Malaysia and New Zealand and have had 100% delivery also quickly. You can also track online.

EMS all the way !

To Europe, US, and everywhere else in the world.

Would never use Fedex, DHL or other company except if no choice, especially when you know that your parcels have more chance to be taxed when sent though these companies even when goods are declared as gifts, but I never had any parcel taxed with EMS, as they don't have customs spies working with them...

• 2 years later...

We send monthly packages to New York, Singapore and Hong Kong. Until recently we were using Fed-Ex but their prices are about 1/3rd more expensive than EMS. We trialled EMS for a couple of months and the only difference we have seen, apart from the cost reduction, is it takes one or two days longer for the packages to reach New York. There's no difference at all with the Singapore and Hong Kong deliveries.

Hello, I need to send a package from BKK to NYC and it really has to arrive within 7 days. I'm considering EMS. In your experience, how many days does it take for packages going to NY and how likely is it to arrive on time? Thanks.

Hello, I need to send a package from BKK to NYC and it really has to arrive within 7 days. I'm considering EMS. In your experience, how many days does it take for packages going to NY and how likely is it to arrive on time? Thanks.

If it absolutely HAS to arrive in 7 days i would suggest using UPS instead of EMS, it's going to cost more but their times a pretty fixed (3 day delivery means 3 days). EMS is *roughly* 3-5 business days (meaning could be 7 or 8 especially to USA).

As previously said i'm a fan of EMS, but not if something is required by a certain number of days.

Edited by dave111223

I have used EMS many times over the last 5 years and have never had a problem sending to the UK with them.

Thats what I say anyway!!

Jimmy

I would agree EMS for sure. Used a few times, never a problem.

jb1