Blinky Bill's Boxing Day Bash

Blinky Bill

Being the nice guy I am I have decided to invite all my wonderful friends in Chiang Mai to join me for a bit of an impromptu piss-up on Wednesday the 26th, or Boxing Day as it is known to us members of the commonwealth.

Yes thats you Crow Boy and McSpicy, I'll even extend the invite to Oz-Tired, Tie Poor Lee, Razzaroo, Maejo Man, You-lissies Gee and Thai-Gabeer. They're about the only TV contibutors that show any sort of attraction to me on the odd occasion. Oh bugger, Slapout, you're welcome too mate even though you are from Oaklahoma.

Actually anyone is welcome as long as they aren't what the topic description descibes.

The location: Where else..........Tossers. Oops make that Tuskers at any time after 7.30 pm

And I'll put the first 3,000 baht on the bar.

PS......No need to register either.

What a charming invitation BB, it does however, leave many with quite a dilemma:

"Do I assume that I am important (or unimportant) enough to attend?

Do I turn up and risk the embarrassment of finding out that I am in fact a '<deleted>' in spite of what my dear mother tells me?

Will BB actually allow the B3,000 to move from being on the bar to being converted into beer on its way to the cash till?

Will the beer be cold enough to keep BB's attention?"

:o

Hope you have a great Christmas BB (Mrs JxP sends her best too), I'll probably be busy fixing broken toys by the time Boxing Day evening comes around so I won't have to wrestle with the questions above!

JxP

OK, I'll ask, at the risKt of being flammed but;

WhaT is BOXING DAY?

HOW IS IT DIFFERENT FROM CHRISTMAS?

At the risk of being facetious - it's the day after Christmas day, the 26th of December so therefore a totally different day. It is traditionally the day when we pack away all the boxes used during Christmas for the presents, food, decorations etc.

Wikipedia on Boxing Day.

JxP :o

Being the nice guy I am I have decided to invite all my wonderful friends in Chiang Mai to join me for a bit of an impromptu piss-up on Wednesday the 26th, or Boxing Day as it is known to us members of the commonwealth.

Yes thats you Crow Boy and McSpicy,

Well with such an invitation what can I say - yes mate will see you then. Good to have you back up in CM again.

PS......No need to register either.

Well ok I won't register but I will be going to the party.

CB

OK, I'll ask, at the risKt of being flammed but;

WhaT is BOXING DAY?

HOW IS IT DIFFERENT FROM CHRISTMAS?

At the risk of being facetious - it's the day after Christmas day, the 26th of December so therefore a totally different day. It is traditionally the day when we pack away all the boxes used during Christmas for the presents, food, decorations etc.

Wikipedia on Boxing Day.

JxP :o

Strange...in my family Boxing Day was the day the "grown-ups" opened their "Christmas Boxes" the children,with no patience had theirs on Christmnas Day....with the stockings raided about 1 am!! and we certainly didnt pack away the decorations...that had to wait until 12th night

Edited by gennisis

Strange...in my family Boxing Day was the day the "grown-ups" opened their "Christmas Boxes" the children,with no patience had theirs on Christmnas Day....with the stockings raided about 1 am!! and we certainly didnt pack away the decorations...that had to wait until 12th night

I didn't explain that very well - the presents don't get packed away, the food is still around and the decorations definitely stay up until twelfth night. Boxing Day is simply the day set aside for tidying up and putting away all those d@mned boxes that everything came in. :o

JxP

I like the way Blinky Bill doesn't take posts personally or too seriously. I've disagreed with him a couple of times on various posts but he doesn't bear a grudge and usually comes back with a light-hearted joke. Have a good drink.

You are so wrong Low-dead. I've spent many lonely nights whimpering naked under the bed or in a dark corner whenever someone takes me too seriously.

You better bluddy well turn up so as I can buy you a beer.

Kreteks will be available at no extra cost. The 3,000 baht (might make it an even US$100) on the bar is for booze only.

All Moderators are welcome as well so long as they are off duty on the evening.

And even that evil little bastard Boksida and his gorgeous wife the Commodore are more than welcome if they can spare the time prior to setting sail across the mighty seas of Lampang.

And even that evil little bastard Boksida and his gorgeous wife the Commodore are more than welcome if they can spare the time prior to setting sail across the mighty seas of Lampang.

We were thinking of coming before your polite invitation but then noticed the stringent entry qualifications. We may not be eligible.

Blinky Bill's Boxing Day Bash, No dickheads or anyone who considers themselves important need attend . . . [however,] I'll even extend the invite to . . . Razzaroo . . . . .

Thanks so much, Billy Boy, for that exception from both prohibitions.

How could I not show up?

We were thinking of coming before your polite invitation but then noticed the stringent entry qualifications. We may not be eligible.

You both fit into the eligible category, well the Commodore does at least and you are usually seen in her company ..................see ewes there.

You both fit into the eligible category, well the Commodore does at least and you are usually seen in her company ..................see ewes there.

You up for Boxing Day go-karts?

You up for Boxing Day go-karts?

Could be........Anyone else interested?

...No dickheads or anyone who considers themselves important need attend . . .

Dusty the Important <deleted> will be there but I will bring ThaiPauly the Insignificant who is not a <deleted> and have him sneak me in under his skirt.

Any resemblance this post may have to a registration is unintended..

I was wondering the same thing. He pronounced one poster a "<deleted>" today, but then invited him to Boxing Day. Is a thrashing in the works? :o

'<deleted>' is a term of endearment in Liverpool. I'm sure BB is aware of that.

I'm not from Liverpool <deleted>.

Hope you'll show up for an earful.

I was wondering the same thing. He pronounced one poster a "<deleted>" today, but then invited him to Boxing Day. Is a thrashing in the works? :o

'<deleted>' is a term of endearment in Liverpool. I'm sure BB is aware of that.

I'm not from Liverpool <deleted>.

Hope you'll show up for an earful.

I didn't say you were, thickhead. I am!!

Blinky mate,

is always good to see you and it was a good night last night. Good friends, a couple of drinks and time to catch up. Chas brought out the supper and then the cheese plates. Between McG and I we demolished the first one but I did notice he suddenly departed to "catch up with the guys over there" who just happened to have a cheese platter placed in front of them.

I managed to drag the girl to the party and she had a good time too.

Was a pity that a couple of the guys couldn't attend because of family commitments but those that did enjoyed it.

Have fun and take care.

Catch up next time you are in town.

CB

It was really nice to meet and talk to Blinky. He turned out not too bad after all :o:D

Also nice to see some 'old' faces and new ones such as Rasseru, Mestizo, KevinHunt, Barry, Boksida and his lovely wife, she looks great!

And what a gorgeous little girl you have, Tigerbeer! :D

And again a BIG THANKS to the hosts, Chas and Rachel, for the delicious cheeses and ham sandwiches.

Nienke