International Websites Down Today?

toptuan

International websites were unavailable to me today for a couple hours this afternoon. Several Thai sites also unavailable (Bangkok Post, The Nation). Singapore servers also unreachable (including ThaiVisa.com). (Got a little nervous since the election results didn't exactly go the way the military preferred.)

All OK now, but interested to know if anyone else experienced a selective outage as well?

International websites were unavailable to me today for a couple hours this afternoon. Several Thai sites also unavailable (Bangkok Post, The Nation). Singapore servers also unreachable (including ThaiVisa.com). (Got a little nervous since the election results didn't exactly go the way the military preferred.)

All OK now, but interested to know if anyone else experienced a selective outage as well?

For the last couple of days my torrent downloads have been better than for a long time.

Don’t know so much about international sites as I have not been trying them today just been marveling at the download speed.

I’m guessing with the holidays there is no one on duty to screw things up hence the speeds, maybe tomorrow things will be back to normal. :o

D.D.

:D

My IPstar router is set to use Open DNS but late afternoon I too was experiencing international routing problems.

No Access to youtube etc.

.....However it all seems resolved again now.

Perhaps it was intervention regarding the election, or more likely, just the one of the Farang TOT staff enjoying their Christmas party, tripped over the international link/fairy lights cable !!

problems all day until i changed my router to OpenDNS servers and seems to fine again most of the afternoon.

complete outage for nearly two hours.