Manager Newspaper's Owner Sentenced To Jail On Defamation Suit

george

Interesting what you say here- though maybe I misunderstand- I recall very shortly after the coup, Gen Sonthi saying with genuine exasperation- that the blatant evidence of Thaksin's misdeeds was not so blatant after all- almost like he was saying- that bloody SL just might have sold us a bill of goods.

Maybe - just maybe. Any way the guy had balls. Remember the climate of fear that existed in Thailand a couple of years ago. People seem to forget that.

SL was one of the very few to publicly attack Toxin.

True whatver people think of him and most seem to dislike him, and whatever his motivations, Sondhi L was actually one of the few to attack Thaksin when to do so invited billion baht defamation suits and a loss of advertsing revenue to any media outlet. Not to mention the gangs that showed up at Lumpini early on when Sondhi L was first speaking. The guy certainly did have balls and from the way he has contiued to lambast both Thaksin and the Junta he seems to continue to have balls although fewer and fewer friends.

Well there are also a lot of people who love him!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting what you say here- though maybe I misunderstand- I recall very shortly after the coup, Gen Sonthi saying with genuine exasperation- that the blatant evidence of Thaksin's misdeeds was not so blatant after all- almost like he was saying- that bloody SL just might have sold us a bill of goods.

Maybe - just maybe. Any way the guy had balls. Remember the climate of fear that existed in Thailand a couple of years ago. People seem to forget that.

SL was one of the very few to publicly attack Toxin.

True whatver people think of him and most seem to dislike him, and whatever his motivations, Sondhi L was actually one of the few to attack Thaksin when to do so invited billion baht defamation suits and a loss of advertsing revenue to any media outlet. Not to mention the gangs that showed up at Lumpini early on when Sondhi L was first speaking. The guy certainly did have balls and from the way he has contiued to lambast both Thaksin and the Junta he seems to continue to have balls although fewer and fewer friends.

Well there are also a lot of people who love him!

It is difficult to tell whether a person have balls or not when we are not insiders and do not know if there are actually powerful figures behind a person. Powerful people very often use other peoples mouth to talk.

Interesting. He shares something very much in common with the next Prime Minister....

samakanddusit.jpg

Samak and Dusit

Court sentences Samak to two years in jail on defamation suit

Court sentenced Thursday former Bangkok governor Samak Sundaravej and veteran politician Dusit Siriwan to two years in jail on defamation suit against a former deputy Bangkok governor.

Court said that Samak and Dusit said libellous statements against Samart Ratchaponlasit in their television talk show programme on the Channel 5 last year.

- The Nation / Apr. 12, 2007

===============================

btw, Dusit is the husband of the hopefully-soon-to-be-indicted Jathumas, who was, just to bring things around in a full circle with the OP, appointed by Thaksin:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=159387

US Couple Arrested In Bangkok Film Festival Graft Probe

Am I missing here something? As to my knowledge people sentenced to jail terms cannot run for public office....please fill me in on the details!

The statement at the bottom of your message, describing the "Politically Correct" as the real Neo-Nazis, is the most honest and daring one I have read in a long, long time. It should be a reminder for those overly critical of Third World countries that we don't need to leave the Western hemisphere to experience complete tin-pot countries. “Politically Correct” doesn’t say “Not Morally Perverted.”