Pretty Okay Orange Drink For 12 Baht

I tried this Thai brand packaged orange juice drink which I like.

25% orange juice, 400ml, and with pretty decent flavor and not overly sweet like the other Thai brands.

So cheap! In 7-11 it's 12 Baht, and I've seen it in Siam Paragon supermarket for 11 Baht for the 400ml bottle.

Other (Thai) brands of similar price (or even almost double the price) are often overly sweet and sometimes only 10% orange juice.

Of course, you can still opt for the 100% orange juice brands which are almost 40 baht for 400 ml.

This one does the job for me on a budget.

You could also opt for the 100% street 'thai orange' juice, but I'm finicky with the way they use their unsanitary hands to handle the oranges after holding money.

The brand is Green Mate. Had it for breakfast this morning at McDonalds (since McDonalds doesn't have any decent cheap orange juice)... I bought the juice at the 7-11 nearby and then walked into McD.

If you know of another brand of similar quality and pricing, please suggest!

:o

Edited by junkofdavid2

You can make your own about anyway you want quite simply. Just need a good orange press (not expensive here).

Make a simple syrup (bar syrup):

2 cups sugar

1 cup water

bring to boil and stir till clear, that it all done!

Cool and place in a squeeze bottle, like a ketchup bottle and pop in the fridge.

Squeeze some oranges, we do about 5 kgs at one time, and freeze the juice in small containers.

Take one of these from the freezer, add either water or soda and simple syrup to the desired sweetness you want. Makes a great drink to the taste you like and is very fast, use room temp water or soda, with the frozen juice and its ready to go with a quick stir.