Guinness & Cider.

richb2004

• 5 years later...
Guinness... and Cider..... together... called a Black Velvet me thinks.... :D

totster :)

At London Irish we had posters with a list of Guinness mixed drinks, obviously sponsored by Guinness. Guinness and Champagne is Black velvet. Guinness and cider is Snake Bite although in recent years it is known to be Lager and Cider as most of the kids drink lager rather than the black stoff. Careful how you pour the two as you can get mount Vesuvius erupting if you get it wrong!

I have never seen Cider in Pattaya.

Its a shame - I use to love that White Lightening Cider they sold in the UK. :)

The real Scrumpy Cider was strong as well.

They definitely sell tins of cider in Friendship Supermarket. It is expensive though, selling for approx 150 baht for a 440ml can.

White Lightning Cider was strong, but I don't think even a single apple went into its manufacture; I think it was a market rival to Tennent's Super Lager for street dwellers.

The Scrumpy cider from Somerset was great, totally flat but brimming with apples. I used to buy it by the gallon direct from the farm for 2 quid a gallon.

Happy days!

pattaya_girl - there is cider everywhere in Pattaya! Strongbow Cider either draught or in bottles. Stowford Press. Magnus.

And sold in supermarkets as well.

Edited by aussiechick

pattaya_girl - there is cider everywhere in Pattaya! Strongbow Cider either draught or in bottles. Stowford Press. Magnus.

Magie Mays

Magie Mays

Jamesons

Pattaya beer Garden

Shenannigans x 2

Molly Malones

Ryans (Pattaya- Naklua Road)

Nicky's (Soi Buakhaow)

Queen Vic

Nervous Wreck (Soi Yamato)

to name but a few

Yes, my ex- fiancée remembers the White Lightning... or rather we remember it's effects. She was meeting my parents for the first time and didn't want to be seen as the beer drinker she was so I suggested cider which I described as 'apple juice with a bit of alcohol' (she was American and hadn't heard of cider, I had been out of the UK a long time and didn't know the strength of White Lightning). Anyway, after only a couple of glasses, she managed to completely miss the sofa when going to sit down which was mortifying for her and hilarious for us. The look on her face was like '<deleted>?'

Regards the price to mix one up at home at 150 baht/can. That's a 300 baht cocktail that will leave you unable to find the door... or the floor! Cheaper than a night out eh?

Better bring a bucket!

^I'm annoyed if that is the case - Vic told me the distributors weren't offering it any longer in thailand. Reason the Queen Vic switched to Westons! :D

Sorry, britmaveric - maybe a good excuse for a bar crawl to see who really has it. Wait until I get back from Chiang mai and I will join you. I know the Nrevous Wreck in Soi Yamato had Strongbow bottles but I am usually drinking sangsom coke when I drop in.

:)

UPDATE (October 3rd 2009)

Cans of Strongbow cider (440ml) are on special offer at Friendship Supermarket on Pattaya Tai.

Priced at 96 baht (reduced from 115 baht) they represent outstanding value for money.

:)

not a bad price by the sounds of it :D:D

The importers of all Blackthorn products ( even NATCH ) into Thailand are Apple honey Cider...they are siuated between Klang and Tai on Sukhumvit on the left hand side right next to the Universe Gym...the couple that own it are Carl and Selina Lovett from Bristol...contact no. 0868498923. Much better prices than any of the supermarkets....Proper Job my 'andsom.... :)