How To Remove Stains From Paint And Glass

chiang mai

I live in Phuket and the weather for the past week or so has been odd with a lot of airborne dust contamination. My CRV I now find is "stained" with what appears to be cement dust (in blotches) although there is no obvious source for this. I've tried using car wax, vinegar and bug tar remover but the stains on the paint and the glass seem immovable - the stains on the glass are particularly worrying. Any clues or tips to get rid of them?

A wild guess, WD-40

Also, Mr. Clean has a super cleaner .. I think it comes in a pink bottle which takes stains off of a lot of things.

Test this on another piece of glass first to make sure it does not damage the glass. Find a very soft polish which will not damage another piece of glass, and see if it is useful.

Good luck

A wild guess, WD-40

Also, Mr. Clean has a super cleaner .. I think it comes in a pink bottle which takes stains off of a lot of things.

Test this on another piece of glass first to make sure it does not damage the glass. Find a very soft polish which will not damage another piece of glass, and see if it is useful.

Good luck

Your wild guess was right on the mark - thank you.

Would this work on sap and bug poo? Occasionally, what looks like bee poo gets on our truck and is difficult to get off.

My best guess is that yes it would. Reading the label (haven't seen a can of WD40 for over 20 years) it actually advertises as a road tar, bug, crayon, adhesive tape etc etc remover, as well as being a lubricant. It works really really well.

• 11 months later...
Would this work on sap and bug poo? Occasionally, what looks like bee poo gets on our truck and is difficult to get off.

...I wouldn't spray WD40 on your front windscreen...

afterwards apply Windex....or similar product, strong warm soapy water will be the death of any WD40 residue...!