Is Bungy Jump Safe Here?

SeanM

Yes - tried it myself in Nov. I can't say enough how professionally run Jungle Bungee Jumps are. (Pattaya/Phuket/Chiang Mai) Safety is the up most priority - Kiwi Standards. :D I highly recommend them - good extreme fun. :o

Thanks for your infor,will let you know once i have try it. cheers!

Don't be daft - mind you thats why you make sure western standards are applied. I was surprised how many safety checks are actually applied....

1. Weigh you

2. Colour code bungee cord system for appropriate weight

3. Verbal Safety Checks

4. Second Safety Check repeated by another lad

Honestly I had visions of a half arsed 3rd world country approach when going into this, but came out totally impressed with how they conduct their operations.

Don't be daft - mind you thats why you make sure western standards are applied. I was surprised how many safety checks are actually applied....

1. Weigh you

3. Verbal Safety Checks

Honestly I had visions of a half arsed 3rd world country approach when going into this, but came out totally impressed with how they conduct their operations.

I would second that. Did a dual jump with the missus, ended up having to rugby tackle her off the platform, as they kept saying 'no refunds'. Don't think I'll do it again in a hurry, but it was a good experience, and definitely just as safe as anywhere else in the world.

1. Weigh you

3. Verbal Safety Checks

And the last time they checked or replaced the Bungee cords???

I've seen the way they wire electricals, use bamboo scaffolding 30 stories up, build airports, everything in this country is done to 70-80% of what would be acceptable in the West (if you're lucky).

The live power wires sticking out of the wall next to my shower are a constant reminder that safety is in your own hands in this country.

Hi Guys :o ,

I'n relating to bungy in Thailand, my best friend runs World Bungy in Patong, which is the highest in Thailand at 60 metres is run at Australian standards. I have personally watched over 100 bungys and I personally believe that this is a safe and the people I have seen bungy have a a fun experience. Personally it's a wonderful experience full of conquering fear of heights and doing something that goes against something we would not normally do. Do the 123 bungy and step out of your comfort zone and feel the rush.

And the last time they checked or replaced the Bungee cords???

I've seen the way they wire electricals, use bamboo scaffolding 30 stories up, build airports, everything in this country is done to 70-80% of what would be acceptable in the West (if you're lucky).

The live power wires sticking out of the wall next to my shower are a constant reminder that safety is in your own hands in this country.

Well as I stated previously Jungle Bungee Jump(s) are run by a New Zealander - therefore Kiwi Standards apply. :o

Sounds like they run a professional operation.

I never had the urge to try it though.

Para-sailing, petting Tigers, having Elephants step over you, cave exploring, cliff climbing and riding busses are things I recommend not doing.

I don't have confidence in the operators.

Some would happily put your life in danger for a 10thb profit.

Sounds like they run a professional operation.

I never had the urge to try it though.

Para-sailing, petting Tigers, having Elephants step over you, cave exploring, cliff climbing and riding busses are things I recommend not doing.

I don't have confidence in the operators.

Some would happily put your life in danger for a 10thb profit.

Have done all the above, maybe I am on borrowed time?

Maybe not as I don't ride a motorbike.

Is Bungy jump safe here? Where can I can go ?

Down. :o

There are a few things to consider, If the line snaps and you break your neck, I think you get around ten thousand baht, if your lucky, anything less then your neck, you get less, or 0, I have never ever seen an inspector, inspect, Thailand tries to make as much as they can, with the least amount of investment, there are a few that are less riskie, any time you decide to jump off a platform with a bungy cord attached to you lower parts, you need to plan on the worst, hope for the best, and if you fall somewhere in the middle, you live another day, some say it takes guts, some say it takes a no brainer, where do you place yourself, If you do this where you came from, the odds are a taste more in you favor, unless you live in Mexico, You only die once, how many chances do you want. Take care, Happy air borne