Water Pressure

Issangeorge

Hi, I need help. I have a water tank that is not quite high enough to supply water pressure to my upstairs shower. It would be very expensive and difficult to raise the tower the extra metre or so it should be at so I figured maybe I could install some sort of booster pump to raise the pressure. The pump doesn’t have to pump water (it will flow into it from the water tower) it just has to boost the pressure. Has anyone heard or know of a pump that is designed for this and where would I get it. Thanks in advance I’m sick of waiting for my bucket to fill up with hot water so I can have a bucket shower. Issangeorge.

Hi, I need help. I have a water tank that is not quite high enough to supply water pressure to my upstairs shower. It would be very expensive and difficult to raise the tower the extra metre or so it should be at so I figured maybe I could install some sort of booster pump to raise the pressure. The pump doesn’t have to pump water (it will flow into it from the water tower) it just has to boost the pressure. Has anyone heard or know of a pump that is designed for this and where would I get it. Thanks in advance I’m sick of waiting for my bucket to fill up with hot water so I can have a bucket shower. Issangeorge.

I am not quite sure what you are saying here. A pump has to pump water in order to raise the pressure......

One of the normal household pressure sensing pumps (lots of makes available) would do the job for you. Or more simply put a header tank over your shower and let that fill before you shower?

Just go to any big building material suppliers, like Global Home or Home Mart in Khon Kaen. This is a standard equipment which they have on stock everywhere. Usually made in Japan by Mitsubishi or Hitaki etc. I have four of them (in different locations).

For your need I would suggest something with a 80 to 150 W pump. Bigger pumps make more noise.

The system base on a tank which is half full of water and half full of air. The air is compressed and makes the pressure. If your tank is higher up than the pump, you may get a problem: very slowly, the air may disappear and the tank will only contain water. Then the system will not work properly. Older equipment will have this problem more than newer generations.

In some pumps is a spring in the inlet which should be removed if the pump is less than 2 meter higher than the input water level.

Read the fuc_king manual - it comes with the pump. You save yourself a lot of chagrin.

Regards

Thedi

Just go to any big building material suppliers, like Global Home or Home Mart in Khon Kaen. This is a standard equipment which they have on stock everywhere. Usually made in Japan by Mitsubishi or Hitaki etc. I have four of them (in different locations).

For your need I would suggest something with a 80 to 150 W pump. Bigger pumps make more noise.

The system base on a tank which is half full of water and half full of air. The air is compressed and makes the pressure. If your tank is higher up than the pump, you may get a problem: very slowly, the air may disappear and the tank will only contain water. Then the system will not work properly. Older equipment will have this problem more than newer generations.

In some pumps is a spring in the inlet which should be removed if the pump is less than 2 meter higher than the input water level.

Read the fuc_king manual - it comes with the pump. You save yourself a lot of chagrin.

Regards

Thedi

Though I may have mis-interpreted the above, I think Thedi is referring to the basic outdoor diaphragm pump that most of us use to supply water to our whole house. If the Opening Poster has a tank outside on a tower a pump between the tower and the house would work, However if the tank is already supplied by a diaphragm pump or if the tank is inside the house, putting in a second (big) pump in this position would be rather inelegant. In this case you might be better with either a smaller booster pump somewhere in the pipe run between the tank and the shower, or an electric shower unit with a pump built in. The first kind is marketed in the UK as a 'shower pump' but I haven't noticed these in Thailand. The shower units with built-in pumps are sold in some of the big Thai superstores and are just a bit more expensive than the basic shower.

Edited by citizen33

for smal distances like in houses you beter install a hydrophore this raise your waterpressure with an ajustable pressure of 0 till 5 bar. how it exactly works? look try to find it on the net, or any guy from scandanavia, it works powerless as well so it save on electric.

I'm on a holyday visiting my youngest brother in Sweden, he use this hydrophore to give more waterpressure to his water from the well.

feel free to pm me.

K.c

Little farang, a hydrophore (in this context) is a combination of a pump and a tank (which acts as a pressure vessel). Its a bit complicated for this application, in any case I am not sure where you would get that in Thailand

This works powerlessly? Perhaps you mean something else. Adding pressure and thus water volume supplied without using power sounds like some sort of perpetual motion thing :o

for smal distances like in houses you beter install a hydrophore this raise your waterpressure with an ajustable pressure of 0 till 5 bar. how it exactly works? look try to find it on the net, or any guy from scandanavia, it works powerless as well so it save on electric.

a hydrophore is nothing but a pressure tank with an aircushion but without a diaphragm most pressure tanks have. to pressurise that cushion power is required. no such thing like working powerless. :o

Thanks guys, an ordinary water pump was my original idea, but I was not sure if it would work win it had a small pressure fill going into it. I saw this on the web and thought maybe it would be the best bet, but I don't know if one can find them in Thailand. http://www.pressurebooster.com/ plus they are pricey. Issangeorge