Bangkok Airport To Victory Monument

russell1

Hi, first posting, can somebody tell me the best way to get from Bangkok airport to Victory Monument so that I can catch the bus to Hua Hin.

Thankyou in advance.

russell1

Which Airport? Don Muang or Suwarnabhum?

Taxi is the best option in any case. However, you can also take public bus. I think 551 from Airport to Victory Monument. :o

Hi Fun2Fun, thankyou for you quick reply, I am having a house built in Hua Hin, I went out in late December and did use taxis both ways, and as you said it was very convenient and not very expensive, but as I will be going back out several more times in the next few months I would like to try the bus once just for the hel_l of it! I would also like to try the train for the same reason.

russell1

Edited by russell1

Hi, first posting, can somebody tell me the best way to get from Bangkok airport to Victory Monument so that I can catch the bus to Hua Hin.

Thankyou in advance.

russell1

Taxi is the best option in any case. However, you can also take public bus. I think 551 from Airport to Victory Monument. :o

It's from the new airport whatever it's called

Thankyou in advance.

russell1

Here's the link to more information about the public bus from the airport to Victory Monument. Go to the 4th floor, where you catch a free shuttle to the transport terminal, then get on bus 551 to Victory Monument. It costs 35 baht and is a pretty quick ride to town. Its a great deal although its best if you are traveling light.

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/56

Edited by mauiguy90

There is also a minibus service from the bus terminal at the airport to Victory Monument. It departs from the same general area at the bus terminal as the regular buses, just look around for a group of minibuses and ask for the one to Victory Monument. The ticket booth ladies speak English, and the fare is (or was) 45 Baht -- but you will have to buy an additional seat if you have voluminous luggage.

I have used it a few times, and it's a good service, but be advised it sets you down on the other side of Victory Monument from the departure point for the minibuses to Hua Hin. No problem if you are travelling light, but a pain if you have heavy suitcases.

If you have heavy or bulky luggage, take a taxi.

There is also a minibus service from the bus terminal at the airport to Victory Monument. It departs from the same general area at the bus terminal as the regular buses, just look around for a group of minibuses and ask for the one to Victory Monument. The ticket booth ladies speak English, and the fare is (or was) 45 Baht -- but you will have to buy an additional seat if you have voluminous luggage.

I have used it a few times, and it's a good service, but be advised it sets you down on the other side of Victory Monument from the departure point for the minibuses to Hua Hin. No problem if you are travelling light, but a pain if you have heavy suitcases.

If you have heavy or bulky luggage, take a taxi.

Thankyou, I look forward to giving it a try.

Russ

Thankyou in advance.

russell1

Here's the link to more information about the public bus from the airport to Victory Monument. Go to the 4th floor, where you catch a free shuttle to the transport terminal, then get on bus 551 to Victory Monument. It costs 35 baht and is a pretty quick ride to town. Its a great deal although its best if you are traveling light.

Thankyou in advance.

russell1

Thankyou for the link, that will do it for me.

Russ.