Car Insurarnc While Not Using Car

semper48

Back in my country, if I dont use a car, I can take the numberplates off of it and hand them in (to the car registration office). Thus saving on insurance and road tax. I would however need to insure it for fire and theft. How does one do something like this with a Thai car?

When buying a car on finance, the financing company will automatically demand first class insurance. Would this still be the cas said car was (temporarily) unregistered?

What say you; farang and other besserwissers!

:o

Back in my country, if I dont use a car, I can take the numberplates off of it and hand them in (to the car registration office). Thus saving on insurance and road tax. I would however need to insure it for fire and theft. How does one do something like this with a Thai car?

When buying a car on finance, the financing company will automatically demand first class insurance. Would this still be the cas said car was (temporarily) unregistered?

What say you; farang and other besserwissers!

:o

Sorry, normally if you have your vehicle on finance you have to have 1st Class cover as it is in the finance contract – 2nd Class is not sufficient.